What is your favorite game in the horror genre?

Dead Space 2. The first in the series introduced me to the horror survival genre and I've loved it ever since. I love the story, but especially the role Isaac's dementia plays. Never before have I seen a character look so defeated.

I love Silent Hill 3. Silent hill 1-3 are the only horror games I actually like.
I feel as a whole, the genre is plagued by ghost house games. Instead of actually being scary, they just have thing jump out at you. BOO IM A ZOMBIE! I say if the game can't scare me with the volume turned way down, then it isn't doing it right.

I think that Resident Evil is one of the best. The last couple have kinda shifted into more action-based gameplay but the scares are still there. I've been playing Resident Evil ever since the first one, and I'm getting Resident Evil 6 for myself for the holidays. I really can't wait to get started on it, I've been holding back on watching the Let's Play for a long time.

Silent Hill 2 is still the benchmark for me, the standout title.
P.T. was absolutely horrific but brilliant - I really hope the full game turns out to be in the same vein, first person and all.

Amnesia and there was this game I played when I was younger undying. I don't think it would be that scarey now, but it was terrifying when I was 12.

I love all of the horror games, but nothing will replace my first love: Silent Hill. The modern versions are still fun to play, but nothing has eclipsed the first for me. That might sound pretty snobby, but the first really got its hooks into me and didn't let go!

What do you guys consider to be the scariest horror game that you have played? Amnesia: The Dark Descent was a really scary one in my opinion. I played it in one sitting last halloween, and I was basically on edge throughout the entire experience. I also really enjoyed the first Dead Space game. The game had a really great atmosphere and I thought it had a pretty interesting story. Tell me your favorites!
I would have to say resident evil. I remember playing resident evil on the N64, and I like playing most of the newer games as well.

I'd have to say the Silent Hill series. Really, I don't think anything can top that creepiness. They've really done a good job with all the fog and the weird animations.

I don't think I've ever completed a Horror game. I rented Resident Evil 2 and Dino Crisis and think I returned them before they were even due. I'm not a Horror Gamer. I saw 'The Walking Dead' listed on here before but I find it very difficult to classify a point and click adventure game as a horror game, no matter how awesome it was it was still just a point and click game.