What is your favorite game in the horror genre?

What do you guys consider to be the scariest horror game that you have played? Amnesia: The Dark Descent was a really scary one in my opinion. I played it in one sitting last halloween, and I was basically on edge throughout the entire experience. I also really enjoyed the first Dead Space game. The game had a really great atmosphere and I thought it had a pretty interesting story. Tell me your favorites!

Administrator
Staff member
Did you play The Walking Dead: Season 1? That was pretty cool. I was surprised that I got as hooked on the game as I did. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Did you play The Walking Dead: Season 1? That was pretty cool. I was surprised that I got as hooked on the game as I did. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Same here!!!!! I totally loved that game!!!! I know the first episode is already out, but I want to wait for the other episodes to be out... since I don't think I'd be able to stand the waiting for the next episode to be released!!!! I need to play all the episodes in a row!!!!! I plan to replay the first season, plus 400 days alll over when all the episodes of season 2 are released ;)

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really curious to see how my decisions carry over to season 2. If you hold out for long enough, you'll probably be able to get them cheaper. They'll eventually sell the entire season at a discounted price.

Picked up some undead related FPSs. Let's see how that goes.

Awesome!!!! I will definitely wait!!! I heard this time you will play as Clementine :) That will be super interesting! I just can't wait!!! Oh wait... I actually can, lol! I guess I'll just play season 1 all over again :p or maybe just 400 days...

You can never miss with undead FPS ;)

Lazy.
What do you guys consider to be the scariest horror game that you have played? Amnesia: The Dark Descent was a really scary one in my opinion. I played it in one sitting last halloween, and I was basically on edge throughout the entire experience. I also really enjoyed the first Dead Space game. The game had a really great atmosphere and I thought it had a pretty interesting story. Tell me your favorites!

I couldn't finish Amnesia, honestly. It really was scary, and I just got too paranoid to finish it. Kudos to you for playing it in one sitting.

I suppose this is more of a psychological horror, but nonetheless, for me it would have to be 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. It's a visual novel for the DS, though rather than the typical definition of a game. Somewhat reminds me of Saw, but I honestly probably read 3~10 hours worth of text in a sitting, though I suppose the game's puzzles took sometime. The character development is just amazing and the plot is unveiled at just the right pace; it felt like an emotional roller coaster of paranoia. By the end of it I was totally mind blown. It's not entirely graphically gory, but having a bomb explode in a guy's stomach for disobeying the game's rules in the first 20 minutes, described down to the yellow bile, was a bit much for me.

Amnesia was the only horror game I played. Needless to say that I didn't finish it and probably never will. That game literally gave me nightmares.

I would say Silent Hill is my favorite game in the horror genre. It is a combination of horror, mystery, and psychology, which is my all-time favorite game that I actually can sit all day and play. I have been playing it quite a while though. The game itself and the background music are quite eerie to me.

My favorite games would have to be System Shock 2 and the Deadspace series. Mostly because I absolutely love Sci-Fi, but also because I like being equal to my foes. I like a few jump scares, some creepy environments, but when **** hits the fan I like to be able to shoot the monsters.

I've played a lot of horror games and honestly the helpless feeling just doesn't do it for me anymore. I don't want to get home from work tired and frustrated just to spend a few hours feeling helpless.

I haven't played many horror games in a while, but I say the OLD Resident Evil had it down. Despite the hilariously bad voice acting!

"Chris! Where have you bean?!"