What if Saban never *pitched* Power Rangers?

^ Really? I don't really know which Toku shows have already aired in North America before PR tho.

No one said anything about toku shows airing in North America. Ah I see you said American toku, my mistake. What I meant was this, even if there had been no PR there was a fanbase for toku itself in the US.
 
You mean like all of the Godzilla movies, the Ultraman dubs, that Dynaman dub, the boner Hawaii has for Kikaider (sorry, "Kikaida")...
 
You mean like all of the Godzilla movies, the Ultraman dubs, that Dynaman dub, the boner Hawaii has for Kikaider (sorry, "Kikaida")...

Yeah, man, it was all, like, totally cool and obscure, until The Man took it over! :buttrock:

Yes, tokusatsu fandom, even in the US, can survive quite healthily without Power Rangers. Before then, you had just about everything Ryulong described above, including the many Japanese sci-fi/horror stuff (I could go on and on about those). Other countries got into the game long before the US "caught on."
 
Yes but a lot of us didnt know it existed.

I just happened to be on a nostalgia binge one day, and decided to watch some old PR episodes, which led me to toku. Its why I'm a fan to this day.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top