...made up of 4 girls and 1 guy? and no, I'm not accepting "It would be like Akibaranger, but with two additional girls." for an answer. reason why I'm asking is because I'm planning to write a fanfic with this line-up, but I was wondering what would the dynamics be like if Sentai really did this?

Red will still be a guy in this line-up, but what sort of characteristics/personalities can Sentai come up with since there are more girls on the team now?

You'd just get all the girl personalities for Sentai at once, instead of the ones they alternate between. Tough girl (GokaiYellow, TimePink, KyoryuPink), princess (GokaiPink, DekaPink), ditzy (BoukenYellow, MegaYellow), and team mom (GoPink). Admittedly it'd be a change of pace from what we usually get, but I doubt it'd be a huge one.

What would be REALLY interesting is if they made the Sixth a female and gave her the role of rival to the Red. Now THAT would be entertaining to watch.

You'd just get all the girl personalities for Sentai at once, instead of the ones they alternate between. Tough girl (GokaiYellow, TimePink, KyoryuPink), princess (GokaiPink, DekaPink), ditzy (BoukenYellow, MegaYellow), and team mom (GoPink). Admittedly it'd be a change of pace from what we usually get, but I doubt it'd be a huge one.

What would be REALLY interesting is if they made the Sixth a female and gave her the role of rival to the Red. Now THAT would be entertaining to watch.

funny enough, that was what I thought... wait, it's actually obvious that they'd do that. huh, didn't know MegaYellow was a ditz. I thought it was MegaPink? :sweat: yeah, a nice change of pace but I can see this being more of a light-hearted series.

a sixth female would be great, yeah. I'm guessing you're not counting Go-onSilver as one?

Disappear into light!!
Ah, reminds me of Sakura Wars. Also, Gate Keepers. Hmm, thinking about it, intentionally or not, it can be viewed as a harem, especially if the guy is different from Akagi, another thing that is also going to be a given. The reason I can't think of Akibaranger as a harem despite the female cast outnumber the male like 6-to-1, is because everyone at some point is fully aware of how painfully and embarrassingly pathetic Akagi can be, outside of his nerdy heroism.

I think that for a large female cast, the characteristics will have to be more distinct and clear-cut. Also, you could, or could not, make one of them being more proactive and stand out more than the rest, being the lead heroine, so to speak. This character could either be the most "relatable member"(more grounded, less 'pop') or make her possess an "ideal woman trait" or traits, making her someone who would naturally stand out and be a focal point(basically how great badass male Reds tend to be as compared to his male comrades).

I've only seen the vs special of Mega and Car, but I got the impression that MegaYellow is more genki girl and spirited, while Pink is ditzy, and a glutton:sweat:.

I think that for a large female cast, the characteristics will have to be more distinct and clear-cut. Also, you could, or could not, make one of them being more proactive and stand out more than the rest, being the lead heroine, so to speak. This character could either be the most "relatable member"(more grounded, less 'pop') or make her possess an "ideal woman trait" or traits, making her someone who would naturally stand out and be a focal point(basically how great badass male Reds tend to be as compared to his male comrades).

yup, and that role is perfect for Pink (since in this case, she's considered the lead heroine and her colour being closest to Red). in a normal Sentai line-up, the Token Female always plays the role of peacemaker and since this is a reversed version, I can totally see Red occupying that role instead.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
huh, didn't know MegaYellow was a ditz. I thought it was MegaPink? :sweat:

Yes, Pink was the ditzy one, MegaYellow had her moments of silliness (they all did, they were supposed to be high school kids) but was generally the more sensible/practical one.

I don't see why a female character needs to have stereotypical traits piled on to her. Not ALL women enjoy clothes or idol singing or the typical Sentai-girl stuff. But if you want to use stock Sentai roles, that's not too difficult:

Yuuri's or Tsuruhime's type is close to a Red. For a more energetic Red, an Amy or Ranru type would do it.

Sakura and Sara are close to an aloof tough guy Blue. Mako is close to a Go-on Blue or Blue Buster type. Blue Swallow is close to the young male Blues that were common in the '80s-'90s. Blue Dolphin shares several traits of later guy Blues.

A Saki, Miku or Umeko could fill in for a comedy Green. For the more "eccentric" type of Green (MagiGreen, DekaGreen, GingaGreen, etc) what about a FiveYellow?

Houka would double for a Black like Ian. For the type of Black that clashes with the Red, Yellow Racer or even GekiYellow

Disappear into light!!
yup, and that role is perfect for Pink (since in this case, she's considered the lead heroine and her colour being closest to Red). in a normal Sentai line-up, the Token Female always plays the role of peacemaker and since this is a reversed version, I can totally see Red occupying that role instead.

Hm, a peacekeeper Red can work. I can see an Alata-esque "peacekeeper, kicked around by the team" male Red to work well in that sort of team.