What exactly is wrong with TV-Nihon subs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kamil88
  • Start date Start date
Someone's started a Tumblr blog to mock TV-N's subs, and while I think that's a little cruel, I did laugh at a Wizard cap of Phoenix saying "the primordial mage is an interesting guy" with the tag #takenoko ate the thesaurus
 
I pretty much use TV-Nihon exclusively whenever I have the opportunity; I agree that they have more then their fair share of stupid translation decisions/mistakes, but by this point I've gotten so used to it that my brain sort of auto-corrects most of them before I even notice that they're there. I don't want to have to retrain my brain to filter out some other group's unique flavor of stupidity.

That said, I did try Overtime for a while, at least until episode 30 of Gobusters and the "did everyone have fun" line.
 
I pretty much use TV-Nihon exclusively whenever I have the opportunity; I agree that they have more then their fair share of stupid translation decisions/mistakes, but by this point I've gotten so used to it that my brain sort of auto-corrects most of them before I even notice that they're there. I don't want to have to retrain my brain to filter out some other group's unique flavor of stupidity.

That said, I did try Overtime for a while, at least until episode 30 of Gobusters and the "did everyone have fun" line.

So what you are saying is that you know how bad T-N is translation wise, but you don't care. And you know how much better other groups are, but you won't watch them. And as such.. You call other groups full translations "flavors of stupidity"....:redface2:
 
What was that even supposed to be? :O_O:


Cuídate. Which is just "take care of yourself" in Spanish. I don't expect people to know every language out there, but given Amazon's background, it might have been an idea to see if those funny sounding chants actually meant anything before "translating" it as that.

But at least it's not another Banana New Shoe.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top