I've been writing fanfics since around early 2005 and back then, I didn't have problems writing 2 stories at the same time or 2 episodes within one week until around 3 years ago when I finally burnt out. nowadays, I get both writer's block and inspirations way too easily. I currently have two ideas for two separate stories:

[HIDE]Project Adam & Eve
A story about two science experiment specimens who developed supernatural/superhuman powers during infancy, both codenamed Adam and Eve respectively. As adults, Adam is part of a powerful Yakuza clan, while Eve is one of the top detectives at the force. Chaos and destruction are to occur if they ever cross paths.

Legal Assassin
Tendou Kaoru is a clumsy and naive young lawyer working under a hopeless so-called "veteran lawyer" who has never won a court case before. However, that's just her day job. By night, she is a cold-hearted assassin who secretly wipes out heretic people who has tormented her boss's clients.[/HIDE]

I like both ideas and people would suggest combining both ideas, but I usually just give up writing them all at once. what about you guys?

S

scikaiju

I have this problem every so often. Usually I try to figure out which story I developed more in my head and concentrate on that one for the time being and let the other one simmer on the back burner for a bit until I think it's good to go.

Super Sentai fan
I'm currently only writing 1 fanfiction, but I get tons of ideas for episodes of it.... so what I do is I type summaries of what happens in the episodes so I won't forget, and reference back to it when I write. Also Jacky I'm gonna be publishing a Super Sentai fanfic sometime this month, could you please check it out when I post it? Thanks in advance.

PS: Those are some excellent fanfic ideas, and I suggest you write them seperately, I don't see how they could be combined...

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I do. But I still wouldn't combine them- they can run well enough on their own. The former actually sounds like a pretty badass premise for a video game.

Anyway, I guess it's differant with differant people, but you should figure out why you have writer's block & psychologify your way around it. (Yes, I know that's not a real word)

If the problem is actually just because you don't know what to write, write a summary, then when you like that, an outlook of the general jist of the story & just keep getting more meticulous with & while leaving it open to adding in new material or leaving things out that don't feel like they'll pan out correctly, etc, etc. That's the method I've been using.

thanks for the heads up, guys! :) though I kinda prefer Project Adam & Eve over Legal Assassin, but here's another problem in question: I always avoid writing two stories at the same time because I easily lose focus. so even if it's just simple planning like writing summaries or character profiles, I will eventually focus on this story rather than my current ongoing one. thoughts?

Someday...once more
don't be afraid to combine and/or eliminate. if you ideas that do not work well together combine them. if something is repetive, eliminate the redundency.

I'm confused... are you trying to say that if you try to do one, the existence of the other idea will get to you & eventually you'd lose focus? Or are you just worried about writing two stories at once? If that's so, write Adam & Eve- you said you like it more & it's definately more interesting & developed.

sorry, I knew my post would be very confusing. what I was trying to say is, I always try not to write two stories at the same time because I might focus too much on one of them and end up neglecting the other. hope this makes sense. :sweat: any of you go through this problem too?

No Fear, No Pain.
Every single day...I aspire to write or create as a living but I am not only an infamous procrastinator (Butchered that word) but also easily distracted. I can come up with story scenarios all day, flesh out the characters and plots easily, but when it comes to putting it on paper: "Alrigh this story is going to be great...wait...this feels like...oh God this feels like work!!!" Then a usually write a synopsis and file it away forever...then play Skyrim. *Sigh* in other words I'll put all kinds of work into a project but then scurry away when the time comes to actually write it. It isn't even because I can't write, I can, I just get flustered is all and end up in a whirl wind of emotions that doesn't translate as well into story as I would like it to. *Sigh* but this is a thread about helping you not me venting my frustrations.

Ok, first of all working on two projects can work, but when you realize how much more your putting into a single project just put the other on the back burner. Absolutely no shame in that. Second, I wouldn't call it Adam and Eve if you can avoid it; feels a little too much like Needless. May just be me though and the premise does sound good. Other then that just make yourself work on them. I man handle myself mentally all the time to get somthing done...then play skyrim. Reward yourself too; show it to friends who you know will be honest and have them proof read your work...then play skyrim. Hmmm, i think my priorities are a little off right now. Should probably play skyrim until i figure out why.

I have a lot of writing issues as well, actually, but my procrastination is for a differant reason. Generally, lack of confidence, impatience to get to the good part when I prefer writing a story in order, distractions, writer's block from lackluster planning (hopefully, that's over now) & a fear of what I'd do if I ever actually went professional & made it...

Although, from what you said, that isn't too big of an issue- go ahead & do it & then you can focus on & flesh out the other one when you finish the first.