Was Gundam SEED Destiny a disappointment?!

Sentaifan'07 Xman

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Another thought popped into my head, referring to the *sigh* I hate Shinn Asuka Thread, but this time it is focused on the main general question, "Was Gundam SEED Destiny a disappointment?!"

So, I would let you guys decided on that question. Fill free to vote, and discuss about the many failures the sequel to the original Gundam SEED had.
 
I really wasn't the biggest fan of SEED, Destiny was great up until about the final ten epsiodes, and that's due to the fact that they couldn't really do much since Fukuda and the animation team was so behind.

But yeah, if I had to pick between them, Destiny always wins for me. Not nearly the best series, but pretty damn awesome.

Of course we all know what CE really needs, an Astray anime!
 
There was a lot I liked about the series but they did drop the ball with Shin. It's not that he's a bad character but there was a point in the story where it would have made alot more since for the story and his experiences to that point for him to ...for lack of a better term, get it. To at least start seeing the bigger picture.

But instead he becomes stuck in a loop that doesn't really make sense and it makes the character progressively more unsympathetic as time goes on until the very end. In the original broadcast ending his arc completes but it feels very empty. The added scenes in the second version they did later I think make this feel much more complete. But ultimately it all should have happened much sooner in the show and would have made for a more satisfying experience that I think would have allowed all 3 main characters: Kira, Shin, and Athrun to shine.

But that's just me I guess.
 
SEED was decent. And DESTINY was just and exception, just beacuse we got to see some of our favorite characters again. But as for the story, it fails enromously to the plot of the first. (It also tries to copy it in a way..:redface2: )

Nevertheless, I still enjoyed it because it's Gundam. And I'm not really much of a critic. (Meaning, I'm not hard to please.) :thumbs:

I enjoyed Gundam WING better than SEED or DESTINY. I'd have to get back to you on why though...lol
 
Last edited:
yeah SEED is far better than DESTINY

DESTINY got all the ingredients , nice mobile suits, nice development and also a nice start off on the eraly part of the show.

Then they focused on Kira too much and ruined the show, Shinn is left out .. if they intended to have Kira be the main player then dun intro Shinn in the first part... heck .. but overall Seed and Destiny still my favourite considering the timeline/ms ... plots are weak..
 
Destiny started off amazingly good, but that's till the Junius 7 drop. And then for some reasons (probably fanboys fangirls crying for it) Kira and co. returned and hijacked the show from Shinn, the supposed main character and suddenly the show went nowhere....

Sad sad indeed...
 
very unfair for Shinn ..poor him ... i was also hoping for more Cagalli too ..coz it is enjoyinh to watch in seed and tat did not happen too ..lol
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top