So I've been wondering how the hell Vivi was able to have kids. Do you guys think that it is possible that Black Mages learned how to naturally procreate at some point?

The black mage is actually a race in Final Fantasy 9 instead of a job-like the other Final Fantasy games. Most black mages though are manufactured from the mist from the lifa tree -and are magician dolls mass-produced for war, but Vivi was not one of the evil ones, that were just taught to kill. Also most black mages only live a year but Vivi, I believe lived for 6 years. Vivi was a prototype black mage- and was home-made instead of mass produced. I would think though they could not have kids since they are manufactured ?

When something is just manufactured, it's not supposed to bear children. Just like robots, any day one tells us that a synthetic robot got pregnant and gave birth then we would have a mystery in our hands. This is why I'm surprised hearing about vivi and the children.

It is most likely that Black Mages have a way of naturally reproducing. My reasoning for this is that Vivi had an inevitably unhappy ending, known from the first time you go to the Black Mage Village. Having a life expectancy of only a child, Vivi's children manifest the continuation of his race, that they really are alive and that they truly do have hope.

Since Vivi was opposed to making more of those soulless little vivis, do you think someone else manufactured them using some underground leftover mist?