Ultraman fans diminishing rapidly?

I didn't think there were that many Ultraman fans to begin with.

I do think people should try the show, though; I can't stand the giant battles, but by watching Nexus and Mebius I was able to at least appreciate the show and even get excited for what was happening in the show, excluding the giant battles.
 
Skinwalker said:
Ultraman is just kind of more obscure. It's recognisable certainly, but without the yearly weekend morning block series it can't be as big as the other series.

There have been shows from 66-67, 71-74, 80, 96-98, 01, and six Ultra series from 04-08. Maybe it's not the series-a-year approach but it's hardly more obscure than Toei's series because of it. I'd wager Ultraman's recognizability and popularity in Japan far exceeds that of the Riders and the Sentai teams, two series that wouldn't even exist without Ultraman.

...excluding the giant battles.

0_o

How... bizarre. I mean, Ultraman was more or less created for that very purpose in the first place.
 
How... bizarre. I mean, Ultraman was more or less created for that very purpose in the first place.
Yeah, I understand that, but I just can't stand them. And I know it's bizarre too, haha. :O

I've been able to find other things to appreciate Ultraman for, though.
 
There ya go. XD

You're ridiculously good at film editing. I loved the credits. Not the biggest fan on the very end, though. :O
 
I believe the main reason is that Ultraman's appearance isn't so fascinating for most people.

Christian symbolism isn't fascinating?

The recent batch of Ultra shows have been much more romantic and meaningful than the Sentais and even some Riders of late, yet doesn't get as much attention. Talk about underrated.
 
Sentai and Rider get so overhyped in the fandom that other shows like Ultraman and Metal Hero hardly get any coverage. And that's unfortunate considering some of the best tokus are Ultra and MH shows.

Agreed.

Off the top of my head B-Fighter & Mebius CRUSH anything else.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top