Lurker
It's astounding how Bendis can make me care about a questionable status quoe change that, under any other hack on ASM, would make me throw up

[hide]Six months have passed since Ultimatium. Spidey is idolised by just about everyone in NYC. Even the cops don't make snap judgements when he's found at the scene of a massacre! A new vigilante, Ultimate Shroud, is brutalising criminals in the area. It's traditional Spidey fun. I think the twist, that "Peter" is now in a relationship with Gwen, is the biggest clue that he's really Jessica Drew. (the other was a peice of preview art from months ago with "Peter" washing his coustume amongst bra and panties)

The real Peter might have enlisted into the Ultimate Avengers after he was found by Tony and Cap at the conclusion of USM: Requiem, and decided it was better off just to never tell his family he's alive, not when there's a ready and able Peter there to look after them while he goes and saves the world in a larger capacity.

Johnny in the meantime has moved in with The Parkers...the only reason I can think of for that is he's sussed out Jessica's posing as Peter while everyone beleives him dead. MJ was crushing on him before Ultimatium, albiet coyly, so who knows what this could blossom into with Jessica underpining things as Peter.

Ultimate Mysterio ambushes and murders The Kingpin, setting himself up as NYC's new big cheese[/hide]

Last edited:
Lurker
Issue Two

[hide]Another defragemented issue where nothing actually happens except drop the tinyest hints of status quoe changes. Kitty is ducking bullies at school but gets detention for using her powers (mutant abilities is a no-no now), she's insanely bitter towards MJ again, Kong has a mohawk, Johnny seems to be coming in drunk at night and pissing off May. Peter and Gwen are still snuggling, and poor MJ looks much nerdier and despondent. Mysterio makes a speech about wanting to take over the world, not just the city. No sign of Ultimate Shroud.[/hide]

"So Fetch!"
I grabbed issue 3 today, I'm glad they're at least starting to explain or at least mention what has happened between the 6 month gap.