Tsuburaya wins chayo Thailand... Chayo Fail!

This is great news! Maybe we'll be able to actually see these movies on the big screen in the US, then. And, when they attend this year, maybe they'll offer ULTRAMAN SAGA in the mix. (Or, some previews, at least ...)

Scratch those, I want Will Smith in a high budget Hollywood Ultraman film.

That and dubs/subs for the classic Ultramen , official releases for Powered and Great , with the HB film as a bonus feature on Powered and that crossover with Kamen Rider with Great. And for the classic dubs , hopefully it can be uncut , but subtitles would be better anyways since it is too many episodes .

I would like a re-release of TIGA with that horrible dub as a parody or a redub with dubs of the Millennium series to be released on TV like on NICK. I'd like the Power Rangers treatment myself, sans the corniness.
 
Scratch those, I want Will Smith in a high budget Hollywood Ultraman film.

That and dubs/subs for the classic Ultramen , official releases for Powered and Great , with the HB film as a bonus feature on Powered and that crossover with Kamen Rider with Great. And for the classic dubs , hopefully it can be uncut , but subtitles would be better anyways since it is too many episodes .

I would like a re-release of TIGA with that horrible dub as a parody or a redub with dubs of the Millennium series to be released on TV like on NICK. I'd like the Power Rangers treatment myself, sans the corniness.

HB?

And, FoxKids' Ultraman Tiga wasn't that bad; they just need to cut out the "bathroom" humor, and try again. If for no other reason than that the American Tiga intro was utterly AWESOME!
 
HB?

And, FoxKids' Ultraman Tiga wasn't that bad; they just need to cut out the "bathroom" humor, and try again. If for no other reason than that the American Tiga intro was utterly AWESOME!

Actually, it was FOXBOX, not FoxKids.

Funi released all four volumes of Ultraman Tiga on DVD. All english subbed with Japanese language.
 
Last edited:
Haven't We Seen Most Of These Folks On Ultra, Recently?

Hanna-Barbera? There were two animated Ultraman projects, a 50 episode anime series and a feature length movie animated by HB that was supposed to be a sort of pilot for an American animated series that never got off the ground.

Are you talking about the Ultraman Jonias series and the Ultraman movie that introduced Ultraman Scott, Ultrawoman Beth, and Ultraman Chuck? I think the latter starred the voices of Michael Lembeck, Adrienne Barbeau, and Chad Everett.

The movie definitely needs to be revisited, and could be a good way for Tsuburaya to break back into the American market - using American characters that they developed. Which should be good about heading off any "translation issues".

Damn, I miss Hanna-Barbera and Filmation. They made some really good stuff!
 
Last edited:
While it's great to see Ultraman legally back (solely?) in the hands of it's rightful
owner, I keep seeing people fantasizing the getting legal subtitles on every Ultraman show now. There may have been more of a chance of that if the rights were Chaiyo's or if it was stuck in legal limbo, as I'm sure Tsuburaya will probably charge more for any rights and what company is really willing to pay to take the chance, really on such a small fanbase. Hope I can be wrong, but I wouldn't get so gung ho about anything changing, as far as subbed series go.
 
While it's great to see Ultraman legally back (solely?) in the hands of it's rightful
owner, I keep seeing people fantasizing the getting legal subtitles on every Ultraman show now. There may have been more of a chance of that if the rights were Chaiyo's or if it was stuck in legal limbo, as I'm sure Tsuburaya will probably charge more for any rights and what company is really willing to pay to take the chance, really on such a small fanbase. Hope I can be wrong, but I wouldn't get so gung ho about anything changing, as far as subbed series go.

Tsuburaya's not like Toei, which is a corporation, which, like Toho, charges an outrageous sum of money for US rights. Tsuburaya still has ambitions of breaking into the US market, so they have to make sure the prices are fair. And, they're still open to negotiations with US distributors, who are still very interested in bringing the Ultra Series to DVD.

I would like a re-release of TIGA with that horrible dub as a parody or a redub with dubs of the Millennium series to be released on TV like on NICK. I'd like the Power Rangers treatment myself, sans the corniness.

If that happened, I'd lose interest in Ultraman very quickly.
 
Tsuburaya's not like Toei, which is a corporation, which, like Toho, charges an outrageous sum of money for US rights. Tsuburaya still has ambitions of breaking into the US market, so they have to make sure the prices are fair. And, they're still open to negotiations with US distributors, who are still very interested in bringing the Ultra Series to DVD.

(Snip)

If Tsuburaya still wants to break into the US market, I don't see how they can avoid subtitling in English - they need more than just the Japanese-speaking population on the West Coast and Hawaii. And, they do have to charge a reasonable price for the rights.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top