Transformers the Cartoon - And people said the anime were bad...

Since when did Optimus Prime have a soul patch?

Why does Optimus look like a monkey?

Why did they butcher the animation? This is one of the few times I can say that the 80's animation was much better. At least in the other new Transformers series' the animation was good, if the show itself sucked (with the exception of Beast Wars, which rocked).

Why must corporate America constantly kill parts of my childhood?
 
This show is going to be so ridiculously bad, it's not even funny. Who knows, maybe the show will contain a warning saying, "May cause Eye Cancer". I've been wondering lately if Hasbro hasn't just produced Transformers as of late to be terrible so that people will stop hating Beast Machines. Look at the past few years, Armada was a complete joke until the second half, then Unicron came in, so it wasn't super terrible. Energon had Kicker, but some of the episodes really made up for that fact. And Cybertron had the worst opening of all series, but I don't really care since I watched every episode in Japanese anyway. But this? David Kaye, who voiced Megatron for the past few shows, is now an evil-sounding Optimus? Tom Kenny of Spongebob fame is Starscream? Corey Burton, I forgive, because he recently voiced Zeus in God of War II. Still, I think that those toys will make fans everywhere lose their will to live.
 
What a horrible sight! I still remember when the Japanese Transformer series were running that all the US cartoon fanboys were shouting: "give us real Transformers! We need a new cartoon! The 3D in Japanese series is awful"

... and now this monstrosity comes out and all of a sudden everyone is very quiet. It's almost sarcastic.
 
This is the worst looking Transformers series ever. It doesnt matter how good the writing will be, the fact that we have to diminish the quality of the animation, when it should be at least equal to the very first 80s series, is fucking stupid. What the hell is this ****? I fucking hate this animation style. Why, oh why, couldnt they just have the japanese animate the fucking **** if they were so lazy to do it themselves. Heaven forbid we give a damn over here.
 
What a horrible sight! I still remember when the Japanese Transformer series were running that all the US cartoon fanboys were shouting: "give us real Transformers! We need a new cartoon! The 3D in Japanese series is awful"

... and now this monstrosity comes out and all of a sudden everyone is very quiet.

You don't know what you've got... until it gets worse. This applies to Power Rangers and now Transformers. One year you're saying "this is ****" but the next year gets shittier and you say "well, I suppose it wasnt THAT bad last year. Compared to THIS ****"
 
Hey it looks like they are trying to look like Clone Wars, and we having seen it animated yet. I`m holding out that the final product will actually be good.
 
oO

I can be pretty forgiving of animation styles but GOD DAMNIT! That's so frickin WRONG!

I'd prefer to see a show animated in the style of the Robot Heroes toys (the chibi ones ya know?) instead of this!
 
I'll disagree with that. actually the comics officially released by Hasbro (Not the licensed mass market ones) have retconned every aspect of Beast Machines sans the actual events. every "Addition" to the franchise has been explained away or removed. So no even Hasbro didn't like Beast Machines...The actors themselves refer to it as "The bad times"

Er, no. Pretty much everything you just said there is inaccurate. If you're referring to either the botcon or the fan club comic, neither are relevant. The Botcon comic isn't official, and the club comic is Universe. It involves all of the different alternate realities. Considering Hasbro made a Beast Machines Cheetor 6" Titanium awhile back, they obviously don't dislike it.

Also, I can tell you that none of the voice actors have said anything like that. It's a pretty stupid comment.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top