Top 5 Tokusatsu you wish you watched as a kid.

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
Man it's just so hard being British. Japan, the Phillipines, Singapore, even France and Hawaii, got to watch these kick ass Japanese superheroes as kids.

Meanwhile what did we get? Timmy Mallett, Roland Rat..

OK so they were cool, but they're just not as cool as the Japanese Tokusatsu heroes.

Then again Roland Rat was a frikkin rude little bastard.

So anyway, what are your top 5 Tokusatsu heroes that you wish you watched as a kid.

1 - Kamen Rider BLACK and RX
Minami Kotaro would've been a great Japanese big brother to look up to.

2 - Choujuu Sentai Liveman
This show was just bad ass!! I would imagine myself watching the show as a 4 year old and beign scared silly by those scary mosters of VOLT and hoping the Liveman would kick their asses.

3 - Space Sheriff Gavan
Like Minami Kotaro, Kenji Ooba would made a great idol.

4 - Any Ultraman series
There WAS an American dub of Ultraman, why did it not come to the UK. DAMMIT BRITISH TV!!! I WANT ANSWERS!!

5 - Solbrain
Simply because it's the sequel to Winspector. It was never aired in Germany.

HONOURABLE MENTION: Winspector
I was only lucky enough to watch this show while living in Germany. I only watched a few episodes though and it was on in the very early Saturday mornings.
 
  • Fiveman
  • Maskman
  • Jetman
  • Shaider
  • Turboranger

Funny thing actually, until 2007, I mistook the "aura power" part from Maskman's theme for Dragonball for some reason. :laugh:
 
Ultraman Seven
Ultraman Returns
Ultraman Leo
Ultraman Taro
Ultraman 80

yeah... after that i wanna watch Mebius again...
 
I know this isn't what the thread is asking, but I thought I'd share the toku I saw when I was a kid. I'm half Japanese on my mom's side. So I was able to see a bunch of toku on TV. Here's what I saw in order of when they were first introduced to me.

1. Jetman
2. Zyuranger
3. Dairanger
4. Kakuranger, Kamen Rider Black (reruns)
5. MMPR (Yeah, I didn't know this show existed until after I had seen Kakuranger. :P )
6. Ohranger, B-Fighter, and Kamen Rider Black RX (reruns)
7. Carranger and B-Fighter Kabuto
8. Megaranger and Ultraseven (reruns)
9. Gingaman (first toku where I did not miss a single ep :thumbs: )
10. GogoFive
11. Timeranger
12. Gaoranger (first few eps before I lost track of toku)
 
1. Dairanger
2. Kakuranger
3. Ohranger
4. Kamen Rider ZO
5. Shaider
6. Sharivan
7. Juspion
8. Winspector
9. Solbrain
10. Vanny Knight
11. Gingaman
12. Juukou B-Fighter

I can't pick just five.
 
1. First Kamen Rider
2. Liveman
3. Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla (aka. Kiryuu)
4. Ultraman Taro
5. Gransazer

Just my wishing list back then.
 
1. Kamen Rider
2. Maskman - Aside from the story interest me, the Tagalog OP kicks ass.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCjO2csGJXc[/ame]
This is how the Zaido theme should sound like!
3. Bioman
4. Ultraman (Sidenote: Ultraman's voice actor is now a badass walking encyclopedia here!)
5. Gavan
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top