Tokusatsu franchise you want back

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
So with the Tomica Hero franchise ending with episode 51 of Rescue Fire to be aired later today, I got to thinking that in the last few years, there have been some pretty neat shows that could have spawned some rather long running franchises, but it seems like the longest one was the Chou Seishin franchise with three shows.

Have there been any shows or franchised that went before their time that you would have liked to see continue?

Personally, I've always wanted to see a 4th Chou Seishin simply for the fact that I felt Sazer X really did get things right in terms of production values that the other two shows didn't have, though Justiriser has always been the strongest in regards to actual story. I think another entry in that franchise really would have given us something great. Not to mention, the franchise really knew how to make mecha battles fun and entertaining.

I also think that the Tomica Hero franchise was a really versatile one that easily lent itself to different themes and motifs without feeling too forced and am really sad to see it end with Rescue Fire. It's really a shame since it seems like...unlike certain franchised anime that can go away for a few years and then come back with a few new series and then take another break, the only franchise in tokusatsu that has really done that was Ultraman and once other series end, they're just over with little to no chance of another series a few years down the line.
 
Wait why's Tomica Hero ending? I thought people liked it, personally I didnt like it, seemed too silly for me and CGI, but why cancel it?
 
Wait why's Tomica Hero ending? I thought people liked it, personally I didnt like it, seemed too silly for me and CGI, but why cancel it?

Because dubbing Transformers Animated is cheaper than making a new Tomica Hero series. Thats why TFA is taking over RF timeslot.

So, in others words, it's too expensive.
 
I've also been told that it's also thanks in part to the fact that most of the CGI team for the franchise is working on that Space Battleship Yamato movie.

This is the one franchise I think might make a comeback eventually, if not in its present form, at least something from Takara, they do seem to like making tokusatsu.
 
The Tomica Hero series, Ryukendo in some form. I remember there was a rumor of it having a seq. Toho need to do another toku for tv as well. I always thought that Sazer X had the beter story, while Justirser had the better action and characters. Demon Knight was on the best thing to come out of Justirisers. It would be nice to a Cybercop 2 or a remake of it. That show had effects that we way ahead of it's time.

To me lately non Toei stuff is getting wayy better. It's a shame that most of these shows are underrated and people think their crappy. I mean Rescue Fire is ending today. Im going to miss it.
 
I don't get the Tomica Hero following. The show never could decide whether it wanted to be Sentai-esque or really be about rescue workers dealing with realistic scenarios, so they combined both in an unholy matrimony that was just dreadful.

I would say bring back Metal Hero but that has become a cliche. Seeing SSS return would be nice though.
 
Because dubbing Transformers Animated is cheaper than making a new Tomica Hero series. Thats why TFA is taking over RF timeslot.

So, in others words, it's too expensive.

How much money are we talking about? I mean in producing those tomica hero series. Can somebody tell me in yen? How much?
 
I couldn't get into Sazer X at all, but would love to see another Chouseishin series. Or maybe a sequel to a stand-alone series like Garo, Ryukendo or Guyferd. :thumbs:
 
I couldn't get into Sazer X at all, but would love to see another Chouseishin series. Or maybe a sequel to a stand-alone series like Garo, Ryukendo or Guyferd. :thumbs:

Yeah I thought sazer X was the weakest of the three chouseishin series. Justirisers was just amazing.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top