Toku that their countries of origin actually liked

I'm still PO'ed about the "Anime Conventions" that GMA funded in the early 2000's. "Anime Convention" my shiny blue behind. They only had DBZ, Slam Dunk, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, and Fushigi Yuugi, and pretty much nothing else. Guess which shows were showing on GMA at the time? Sure didn't help someone who was a Gundam fan.

So I don't see them doing anything DECENT in the Toku sphere while I'm still breathing in this lifetime.
 
I'm still PO'ed about the "Anime Conventions" that GMA funded in the early 2000's. "Anime Convention" my shiny blue behind. They only had DBZ, Slam Dunk, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, and Fushigi Yuugi, and pretty much nothing else. Guess which shows were showing on GMA at the time? Sure didn't help someone who was a Gundam fan.

So I don't see them doing anything DECENT in the Toku sphere while I'm still breathing in this lifetime.

Big networks pander to the Lowest Common Denominator, not to grown up people who enjoy people in rubber suits beating each other up.
 
Big networks pander to the Lowest Common Denominator, not to grown up people who enjoy people in rubber suits beating each other up.
- I hear sarcasm.:redface2:

However, you have a point. All GMA needed to do with Zaido was to have a bunch of guys in costumes beat the ever-loving crudola out of weird-looking bad guys, and they couldn't even do THAT without having to make a big thing about long-lost orphan children of rich families and their consistent hardships in...AAARRG. Make it STOPMAKEITSTOPPPPP!!!
 
The angst was what I liked least about Faiz.
- IT was STILL plenty better than the mindless stupidity in most Soap Operas. Toku heroes can angst but then vent their frustrations out on a kaijin.

Philippines Soap opera heroes/heroines just sit there and take it.
 
It's THAT mentality that allows government, police, media, etc. to do what they do in the PHilippines. Everyone's expected to become a Soap Opera main character and just take the abuse because that's "Good", while sticking up for yourself or what's right is "Bad".


...again, why I moved to Australia.
 
I'm still PO'ed about the "Anime Conventions" that GMA funded in the early 2000's. "Anime Convention" my shiny blue behind. They only had DBZ, Slam Dunk, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, and Fushigi Yuugi, and pretty much nothing else. Guess which shows were showing on GMA at the time? Sure didn't help someone who was a Gundam fan.

So I don't see them doing anything DECENT in the Toku sphere while I'm still breathing in this lifetime.

Thatis why GMA is hated by the international Toku, Anime AND KDrama community! :laugh: No wonder most of us refer GMA sa Shite! :laugh:
 
Thatis why GMA is hated by the international Toku, Anime AND KDrama community! :laugh: No wonder most of us refer GMA sa Shite! :laugh:

really? neither in 5 or 2 don't have Super Sentai shows though. except only to be shown is Power Rangers all the time
:sly:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top