Things, moments or people you liked in Tokusatsu.

The fact that Toei makes a lot of Riders in a show, so Riders battles!!! Although I hate the limit of each show being only max up to 51 episodes... Woops forgot, this is the like threads...

I like Organic, Mystic, Ancient Riders!!!
 
Kamen Rider agito, all of it, I liked the movie, the series, the special, and even the hyper battle video.

The ending songs of Ryukendo man I loved these songs. Also the series itself while not very dramatc it still has some very well written characters that came off as human, and it was just fun.

Gekiranger has some of the most awesome fights even in a series.

How Garo grew it's beard around episode 10, it became really good around then and really started to become a great toku.

Ultraman Max- I love this series but he gratuitous Englsih guy was hilarious and just sort of unexpected.
 
Kamen Rider Blade.
Loved every minute of it! Kenzaki is my favorite rider ever! I also liked Tachibana & Chalice. Though at first I hated Chalice & just wanted him to die, as the show progressed about half way through I started to like him a lot. I even liked Koutaro (milk drinker). Hirose was a good female character too, not exactly "hot", but I liked her & thought she did a good job.


Garo - I enjoyed this show too. Pretty much all of it as well. It was different from most other tokus & I enjoyed it. It got better with every episode.

Sh15uya - I enjoyed this, & I watched it kinda fast.
Asagi. <3

Kamen Rider 555
I really enjoyed this show too! It's my second favorite Kamen Rider. It had just enough drama & action to keep me interested compared to how I thought it was going to suck for some reason. Starting out, Kiba was my favorite character, but I started liking Takumi the best later on. & then of course Mari.<3


PGSM.
Aino Minako
Rei
Usagai
Ami
Mako
Mamoru
The whole show except Mio & the ending fights. >___>



Megumi from Kiva.
Mio from Kiva.
Yuri From Kiva.
Shizuka from Kiva.


Hibiki from Kamen Rider hibiki.. (duh)
Kasumi, Hinaka, Ibuki, Asumu, Moochi.


Hana (adult) from Den-O.
Airi. & even Ryoutaro wasn't that bad.


Kamen Rider Gatack/Kagami. & Tendou.

Keitai 7 from KS7.
 
Ooh, something I can really sink my teeth into.

Let's see....

Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, all of it! The series and the movie! It was absolutely wonderful because each character was distinctive and also grew as the series went on. It could be serious in its content, deliver exceptional action sequences, wonderful plots as it pertains to the extension of the police procedural aspect. I also liked the various surprises and twists that would come up now and then in the episodes.

I loved when Kruger first became DekaMaster! I also loved that three part episode that involved those three sibling Alienizers, cuz there was one moment when the Dekas were about ready to blast two of them, and then as the blast is about to reach them, the third guy shows up and catches the energy blasts in his bare hands, that had me sit up in my chair and go 'WTF?'

I loved the running gag throughout the series between Ban and Hoji, how each time Ban would call Hoji 'partner', Hoji would say 'I'm not your partner'.
And of course Umeko's penchant for taking baths with rubber duckies, it was so sweet. Which is something else I love about the series, in that it did have a great sense of humor without being forced.

Moving right along, I love 'Iron King'. My wife and I finished watching the series some time ago, and it was a blast! We loved how different Iron King was from other Ultraman type shows. I liked how it featured only Gentaro and Goro as the main characters, for the most part, throughout the series. And I loved their back and forth bickering, they could almost be brothers they way they go back and forth. In many ways, their constant traveling from one part of Tokyo to another, usually without a car, and wearing the exact same clothes from episode 1 till episode 26 (you never see them carrying other clothes, and yet you see them with one or two pots to cook a meal, even though you don't see them carrying anything else aside from the clothes on their backs), reminded me quite a bit of the series 'Supernatural'.

I loved how in the beginning, Gentaro was the one to destroy the monsters rather than Iron King. But I loved the progression over the series of Iron King gaining more powers to use, and also destroying quite a few monsters as well.

I loved each story arc, but I think my favorite had to be the Titanians' story arc. I loved how it seemed to hint and imply that the technology used to create Iron King was based on the Titanians' technology. Cuz there was one episode, where a Titanian reverted back to his humanoid form after doing battle with Iron King, and we see him finding garden hose or something similar in order to drink some water, in a similar manner that Goro often does after reverting back to human form.

I also loved the bits where Gentaro would just out of the blue start playing his guitar and singing an old Japanese folk song. Great stuff, all around.

Right now, I'm loving 'Super Robot Red Baron'. Up to episode 8 or 9, and it just gets better. One of the things I love the most is the attention to detail this series has regarding... well, everything. From the robots, to the secret headquarters, the model work is exceptional, as are the special effects and the action sequences. I love how in some of the episodes, when Red Baron is temporarily out of action, we see the members of SSI using the weaponry on their own vehicles to keep a robot at bay, THAT was cool!

And of course, the character of the Inspector, a brilliant creation. What's brilliant is that although he's the comic relief, he's not portrayed as being stupid or at all idiotic, which I think is awesome. I love that he is very helpful to the SSI team and they're very grateful and appreciative of his help. Plus, the fact that he rides a bicycle everywhere is awesome, and also his many gadgets that help out as well, great stuff. He's kinda like what Inspector Gadget might be like if he had a brain and that his gadgets actually worked.

Currently enjoying Garo, I think I'm up to episode 7 or 8, I can't remember. I love how dark the series is, how it isn't just a 'monster of the week' formulaic series. I love that there is a mysteriously dark and gothic atmosphere, that is very rich with its established mythology that is slowly revealed over each episode.

That's about it for the moment, but I needed to get that out of my system. :)
 
about everyone from Den-o
most everyone from Kiva, except maybe Kido and Shima 'cause they're boring
the entire Geki crew, save for some bad guys
the Go-Ongers and Go-OnWings, and a few of the Gaiarc
Also, most new-gen rider designs, and most post-zyuranger sentai designs
plus a few metal heroes(specifically, both B-Fighter teams)
 
The whole series of Kamen Rider BLACK. Perfect Kamen Rider series IMO, how all the new ones should be. One guy on his own against lotsa enemies, with lots of despair and angst while still keeping a lighter pacing.

I laughed a bit. I cried. I fapped.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top