Things about Toku shows that you simply can't forgive

Go-Busters.

I've ragged on a few shows before that I didn't enjoy or were bad, but Go-Busters made me genuinely want to scream "What the f*ck are you thinking?".

It's not like it was a failed show in the sense that what they created with concepts, ala Turboranger, everything was picture perfect on paper; they just managed to screw it completely up consistently. Even with throwing in new characters and changing the show completely, they just couldn't get it to work. I mean come on, it's military Sentai show, the series has done this concept 10 times before and not managed to buggar it up.

'cept J, he was awesome. But did absolutely nothing the entire time.
 
I can't really forgive when a series completely ignores one or more of its characters. It's what made me end up hating Maskman at the end.
 
Speaking of Go-Busters as a Rider series, I honestly felt it was more a "Rider" series than Fourze and Wizard ever were and are - which leads to my complaint.

If a Kamen Rider series doesn't have gratuitous amounts of biking scenes in it then the Riders have no right to the title as far as I'm concerned. Period.
 
A couple more from me (and these are things that will genuinely throw me right out of a show, not just minor niggles):

Shows that heavily focus on melodrama and/or romantic plots. Jetman, Magiranger, Faiz and Kiva all fall into this category for me although Jetman had enough going for it that I still enjoy it.

When a show picks on one character to treat badly and be the butt of every joke. ShinkenBlue, MegaPink and Keitaro Kikuchi were prone to this.
 

As harsh as it is, I agree with that. There have been so many situations that called for a bike in recent years moreso in Wizard, but they just simply...forgot?/Ignored it? It makes no sense to me.

But of course, they never forget not a single one of their toys when it comes to those BS Taisen movies.
 
Exactly. Now that said, I think the problem with Fourze was that, if I want to give it an excuse (and I really don't, because I love the Massigler's design and hate how infrequently it was used), the show DID take place mostly in one area, so it's not like biking was required... but that begs the question - Why have a Kamen Rider series set up in such a way so that riding won't be happening?

Wizard though? No excuses. They either magically transition from scene to scene or just let the jerk fly there.
 
It doesn't matter if Go-busters had been a Rider or a Metal Hero or a Tomica or a Bibyun remake or whatever -- it still would have been boring. The material stunk, the cast stunk, the barely used premise was, like, 15 years past the coolness expiration date.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…