Banned
*squee* Yay, a discussion. Those other guys just spew crap and don't try to engage. This is much better.

No, a bigot is someone intolerantly devoted to one's prejudices. I don't dislike you based on any preconceived notions. I don't dislike you in the first place, nor do I make a habit of judging my discussion partners. It's the words I criticize.

I have taken some psych classes, yeah. And I don't "support" pedophilia. In fact, previously, I had only ever considered the individual's ability to reason and make choices in my thoughts on the matter. Your proposal that marriage and child-bearing should be considered is not one I have discussed, so that's neat.

It is an interesting point as well...if one has not completed high-school then the chances of them being able to support even a 2-person household is minimal at best. So it would make considerably more sense not to have so strict an age limit so much as an education and family fitness one. I must remember to tell this to my friend that actually does support lowering age of consent to 14.

Yes, this is very true. What I found so objectionable in your original post was that it was made from such a staunch position that supporting lowering the age of consent is tantamount to raping minors. You made a prima-facie argument for that without going into real depth and then proceeded to paint anyone that supports such a law as a deviant. Perception or not, phrasing oneself in this way only furthers those perceptions in anyone that reads a post like that.

OR, society at the present has it wrong and one should work to correct what errors they see in it, instead of conforming to it to avoid persecution. They are both viable strategies.

In the past, yes. Now, not if I can help it. And I combat it wherever I see it.

Oh very much yes. People are awful, generally speaking. LazerWolf and KingRanger though, they've been real dicks to me. So it's not so much a case of "this glass of dirt is full of dirt" so much as "this glass of milk is full of dirt". This place is full of bigots, but that doesn't mean everyone here is.

I sure am glad I didn't get unlazy and add you to ignore. You made comments defending a disgusting thing. You are not back peddling and trying to rationalize what you said. IMO what you said was disgusting and you deserved what was said to you. If that is "being a dick to you", so be it.
If you think a person that doesn't support your pro-pedo stance is a bigot, you are pretty clueless. And that is my peace on this. This thread took a disgusting turn when you commented.

No, a bigot is someone intolerantly devoted to one's prejudices. I don't dislike you based on any preconceived notions. I don't dislike you in the first place, nor do I make a habit of judging my discussion partners. It's the words I criticize.

Which neither of them were. That's character assassination, pure and simple.

I have taken some psych classes, yeah. And I don't "support" pedophilia. In fact, previously, I had only ever considered the individual's ability to reason and make choices in my thoughts on the matter. Your proposal that marriage and child-bearing should be considered is not one I have discussed, so that's neat.

It is an interesting point as well...if one has not completed high-school then the chances of them being able to support even a 2-person household is minimal at best. So it would make considerably more sense not to have so strict an age limit so much as an education and family fitness one. I must remember to tell this to my friend that actually does support lowering age of consent to 14.

If one has not completed high school [or dropped out] then it's still shaky ground. You are essentially making the point that because low and behold they drop out, they should be given the responsibility with the adult consequences of sex and sexual matters, which is rather foolish.

Teenagers are hardly rational beings , and I know it myself for I was one , and cannot fully comprehend the responsibilities and consequences of the act itself. How would it be ethical to allow the age of consent to lower itself to an age where teenagers cannot comprehend the full brunt, and then not only basically create a toxic culture where children drop out in droves like a third world country [where children have children anyways, and you know die.] but are in risk of diseases from unprotected sex they are most likely having as well as older people [or people in general] that will take advantage of them sexually.

That is why the age can never be lowered in any capacity because of the psychology and its lack of ethics at all.

Due to laws on child labor, students can't exactly work or even hope to work , alongside the fact that many jobs nowadays require an education in high school or higher. Unless you mean a McJob of course, where those teenagers won't have a future but be criminals ,become prostitutes, sex slaves [if they end up in the wrong crowd] if not a low ranking job of menial labor stuck with the consequences of a screw up from their irrational minds because society decided it was in their best interest to have the capability to blow their lives away. What a great future for those children.

Yes, this is very true. What I found so objectionable in your original post was that it was made from such a staunch position that supporting lowering the age of consent is tantamount to raping minors. You made a prima-facie argument for that without going into real depth and then proceeded to paint anyone that supports such a law as a deviant. Perception or not, phrasing oneself in this way only furthers those perceptions in anyone that reads a post like that.
Proponents of such a law, particularly if they are LGBT, only fuel the flames of any misconception society has towards them. Lowering the age isn't just about raping them in the obvious way, but of raping them of their futures they could have had had society been more moral. I have read into the statistics, and the various things about children at those ages and frankly, it does seem that way.

OR, society at the present has it wrong and one should work to correct what errors they see in it, instead of conforming to it to avoid persecution. They are both viable strategies.

I didn't say conform in any way you may be thinking. People can be themselves without acting like their "differences" such as skin color or sexuality are meaningful enough to establish them as dividers. And this goes for any sort.

Why do "ethnic" Americans call into attention their nation of ancestry? Why do LGBTs go out of their way and act like their sexuality is a big deal and play the victim when their forced message isn't well received? Why do African Americans call themselves African when most have never set foot or inhabited those very lands and been perpetually been in the Americas since the race-based Slave Trade began in the 15th century and are in reality hardly African? And furthermore, why do people of ethnic minorities cry foul when some of themselves outcast themselves rather than join in with society at large in the language they use?

I don't call myself a French-Canadian-French-German-Irish-Native American American now do I or act like my skin color is anything, so realize how ridiculous it is? Americans are Americans as people are people, period. What happened to wanting to positively changing society rather than waiting and pressing for the rest of society to conform to them? Thats not how the world works.

Which goes back to my core point. If a group of people do not want to be perceived for any negative reason, people have to defy the perceptions and become the change they want to see in the world rather than ***** and complain about how the world isn't served on an idyllic silver platter. You might not be able to completely override those assumptions, as likely there will be holdouts from both sides that don't want peace and love or integration but hate, but people can make an effort to actively change the world for the better and bring justice, which is what this forum is the basis of. And its not hard to do, because it just requires by starting with yourself and to others around you.

Martin Luther King Jr. would be ashamed of Americans today as well as the government for dividing and judging others based on petty factors such as this while celebrating racial ,sexual and ethnic, let alone class warfare/division.

In the past, yes. Now, not if I can help it. And I combat it wherever I see it.

By calling Kingranger and LazerWolf bigots, you did judge them.

Oh very much yes. People are awful, generally speaking. LazerWolf and KingRanger though, they've been real dicks to me. So it's not so much a case of "this glass of dirt is full of dirt" so much as "this glass of milk is full of dirt". This place is full of bigots, but that doesn't mean everyone here is.
It's hard to be nice to someone that calls you a bigot [ the typical calling card just like how the word racist means nothing anymore] for being opposed to a failed and relatively disgusting practice such as pedophilia rather than rationally arguing your case and perhaps admitting you were incorrect.

Last edited:
Banned
Bigdog, Did you just imply or say that if a kid works at Mcdonalds or the like.. That they will not have any kind of future?

Bigdog, Did you just imply or say that if a kid works at Mcdonalds or the like.. That they will not have any kind of future?

I've heard of a term called a McJob, hence from a fast food place, heard it was in the dictionary now. I'm not saying that people in general will have that be the end all, but for dropouts, its plausible, though I find it questionable myself. Then again my economics professor is a Keynesian-Marxist quack and believes in lies about economics and jobs and quite honestly comes off as an elitist bigot that has a persecution delusion. :redface2:

Aka, my economics class is indoctrination time and he doesn't actually teach so much as rant about how conservatives are evil , that FDR totally did not push the economy's recovery another decade and that the House GOP did not help at make the 90's a prosperous time in American history.

But to get back to fast food places or even stores such as Walmart and Target, you got to get a job where you can find one in this economy and take advantage of it, with my prof. again expecting high pays and benefits to be given to jobs of low skill and aping the whole class warfare deal.

"sigh".... I had to get that off my chest.

You are not back peddling and trying to rationalize what you said.

No. I will not do that. I stand by what I said before. But I do not support ACTING on what is properly and technically called pedophilia, which is the sexual attraction to prepubescent children. BEING a pedophile is fine too, as you can't help how you're born. But what a lot of people CALL pedophilia is actually ephebophilia. Which is the attraction to mid-to-late adolescents (14-19 or so). And I do not automatically accept that ephebophilia is "wrong".

I believe the legal age of consent should be universally lowered to 16 (which it already is in many states) and that those who believe that it should be even lower are NOT automatically pedophiles any more than a straight gay-rights activist is attracted to the same sex. Sometimes people just have different ethical considerations and good reasons for thinking the way they do.

If one has not completed high school [or dropped out] then it's still shaky ground. You are essentially making the point that because low and behold they drop out, they should be given the responsibility with the adult consequences of sex and sexual matters, which is rather foolish.

How would it be ethical to allow the age of consent to lower itself to an age where teenagers cannot comprehend the full brunt, and then not only basically create a toxic culture where children drop out in droves like a third world country.

Either you've drastically misunderstood what I said, or I have. Because I don't see how that follows from what I said at all. I said that it would be better to lower the strict age restriction and base the law on parental fitness instead, I.E. having COMPLETED high school, being in possession of gainful employment, or making any potential partners over the age of 18 responsible for any offspring.

I did not suggest anything to do with dropping out of high school and do not understand how you got onto that.

I didn't say conform in any way you may be thinking. People can be themselves without acting like their "differences" such as skin color or sexuality are meaningful enough to establish them as dividers. And this goes for any sort.

You certainly made it sound like the people that actually believe that the age of consent should be lowered and speak out in favour of this opinion should stop and conform to society's principles. That is what I was responding to.

Why do "ethnic" Americans call into attention their nation of ancestry? Why do LGBTs go out of their way and act like their sexuality is a big deal and play the victim when their forced message isn't well received? Why do African Americans call themselves African when most have never set foot or inhabited those very lands and been perpetually been in the Americas since the race-based Slave Trade began in the 15th century and are in reality hardly African? And furthermore, why do people of ethnic minorities cry foul when some of themselves outcast themselves rather than join in with society at large in the language they use?

This I agree with in every way.

By calling Kingranger and LazerWolf bigots, you did judge them.

It's hard to be nice to someone that calls you a bigot [ the typical calling card just like how the word racist means nothing anymore] for being opposed to a failed and relatively disgusting practice such as pedophilia rather than rationally arguing your case and perhaps admitting you were incorrect.

Perhaps I did. Though KingRanger does like to call things "weaboo" a lot. And his posts are frustratingly boring to reply to.

As for not being willing or able to discuss my point, that's a bit of an empty accusation. And if we're talking about false persuasive calling cards, you've just used one yourself by using derogatory language towards my position while insinuating I can't support it.

Constantly referring to the opponent's ideas as "disgusting" or similar is how one who has a weak position usually tries to strengthen it in the eyes of observers, is it not? And it's precisely that kind of behavior that so incensed me about your original post in this topic.

Banned
BEING a pedophile is fine too, as you can't help how you're born. And I do not automatically accept that ephebophilia is "wrong".

Perhaps I did. Though KingRanger does like to call things "weaboo" a lot. And his posts are frustratingly boring to reply to..

yeah it is wrong. And IMO you are damn sick to suggest otherwise.

Heh. Coming from you that is a huge compliment :anime:

K

kamil88

I don`t have anything against homosexuals, but im against hypocrisy, homosexual people demand tolerancy, yet when someone don`t agree with them, they immediately start to attack that person (Im not talking about insulting, just saying, that its against their faith) pot, kettle, you know the saying.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
No. I will not do that. I stand by what I said before. But I do not support ACTING on what is properly and technically called pedophilia, which is the sexual attraction to prepubescent children. BEING a pedophile is fine too, as you can't help how you're born. But what a lot of people CALL pedophilia is actually ephebophilia. Which is the attraction to mid-to-late adolescents (14-19 or so). And I do not automatically accept that ephebophilia is "wrong".

I believe the legal age of consent should be universally lowered to 16 (which it already is in many states) and that those who believe that it should be even lower are NOT automatically pedophiles any more than a straight gay-rights activist is attracted to the same sex. Sometimes people just have different ethical considerations and good reasons for thinking the way they do.

I want you to stop a second and read what you just said. Don't even try to justify or compare ephebopilia to homosexuality. There is nothing right or good with having a deep sexual attraction to those who don't even fully realize what sexual intercourse is or the consequences of it.

That's like saying necrophilia and zoophilia are fetishes that are worthwhile trying to make "acceptable" too.

Perhaps I did. Though KingRanger does like to call things "weaboo" a lot. And his posts are frustratingly boring to reply to.

As for not being willing or able to discuss my point, that's a bit of an empty accusation. And if we're talking about false persuasive calling cards, you've just used one yourself by using derogatory language towards my position while insinuating I can't support it.

Constantly referring to the opponent's ideas as "disgusting"or similar is how one who has a weak position usually tries to strengthen it in the eyes of observers, is it not? And it's precisely that kind of behavior that so incensed me about your original post in this topic.

And I backed up my assertions with facts and hard evidence, so how do I have a weaker position?

Seriously? :redface2:

I don`t have anything against homosexuals, but im against hypocrisy, homosexual people demand tolerancy, yet when someone don`t agree with them, they immediately start to attack that person (Im not talking about insulting, just saying, that its against their faith) pot, kettle, you know the saying.

While your assertions are vague, they are true, though I see this type of behavior with not just LGBTs but with self identified sluts and other groups, which I have observed on Tumblr pretending to be offended when others call them sluts even though they are supposed and make a front on being "proud" of it. If sluts aren't proud of being slutty, why do some of them do this hypocrisy?

This behavior can also be seen with radical Muslims, who demand tolerance and acceptance while victimizing and harming the host population while playing the "Islamophobia" card, as in read the news in Europe. And don't get started about Pallywood or the anti-semitic assertions many radicals have made, which isn't surprising given that in WWII, Hitler had a Muslim SS contingent dedicated to killing all the Jews in Jerusalem via the Grand Mufti.

What both groups that claim to represent these following groups do is nothing short of hurting the saner of the group. Though King Obama has bypassed the Constitution as of late....:redface2: