The Official 'The Dark Knight' (July 18, 2008) Thread

Holy ****. That was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. I don't want them to make another one. I think anything else will be disappointing.


Seriously one of the best movies I've ever seen. :O_O:
 
Batman is Gotham's dark knight. Batman IS Gotham. Gotham City stories are always relatively self contained, even in today's comics. Gotham's criminals are the mafia, the bank robbers, the gangs, and the human psychopaths. Generally not so many super-humans; they stick to other cities or never rise up because Batman takes them down. But TDK is still in Batman's early years- the super-humans are what comes after. There's a chance we could see some like Mr Freeze or Ivy, but we probably won't, because Nolan's Batman is intended to be mature and realistic, and for now it's just difficult to fit them in appropriately; but more importantly kind of redundant, because there are still human villains to be used- Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Riddler, Hush etc... Hopefully next we get two of those. Selina Kyle is Selina Kyle, and works well with the right writing and casting. Same with Harley- one anon made an interesting post about her being a prostitute and the Joker was one of her clients, etc. etc. etc... Riddler, well... Tone down the Carrey thing a LOT, even if it gets to being just a guy in a suit with a question mark tie and cane, and focus on mystery.



As for Two-Face...
[hide]
dentdiescl5.jpg

So... Yeah... :( But it's kind of an accident. Batman takes the blame for Dent's kills and Dent's own death.[/hide]
 
I'm not fond of killing off important characters so we can create character motivation. It's overused... and it happens to too many fucking women in DC
 
Then explain yourself. You say it sacrificed what it means to be a super hero, and the movie proved that this Batman was a hero.

Actually I said:
"I felt it sacrificed a lot of what makes it "superhero"

Not what it means to be a hero or superhero.

Then explained what I meant by saying:
"I feel that it sacrifices its DC Universal home too much to make sure it looked real."
 
Batman is Gotham's dark knight. Batman IS Gotham. Gotham City stories are always relatively self contained, even in today's comics. Gotham's criminals are the mafia, the bank robbers, the gangs, and the human psychopaths. Generally not so many super-humans; they stick to other cities or never rise up because Batman takes them down. But TDK is still in Batman's early years- the super-humans are what comes after. There's a chance we could see some like Mr Freeze or Ivy, but we probably won't, because Nolan's Batman is intended to be mature and realistic, and for now it's just difficult to fit them in appropriately; but more importantly kind of redundant, because there are still human villains to be used- Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Riddler, Hush etc... Hopefully next we get two of those. Selina Kyle is Selina Kyle, and works well with the right writing and casting. Same with Harley- one anon made an interesting post about her being a prostitute and the Joker was one of her clients, etc. etc. etc... Riddler, well... Tone down the Carrey thing a LOT, even if it gets to being just a guy in a suit with a question mark tie and cane, and focus on mystery.



As for Two-Face...
[hide]
dentdiescl5.jpg

So... Yeah... :( But it's kind of an accident. Batman takes the blame for Dent's kills and Dent's own death.[/hide]

Well said.... I guess this being his earlier years as it's suppose to be, it should stay grounded with the more real villians.n I just feel that this continuity and world they have it so well set up that it would just never fit in a world of DC like I want. Now that Batman's in the hands of people not setting out to ruin it and people who get it I would finally like to see a Robin, Nightwing, Mr. Frieze, Superman and all that actually done right.

Batman making the accidental kill to not only save Gordon's son, but some of Dent's soul and then taking on the responsiblity of what Dent did................ I can accept that.
 
Something I read in Wizard a few years back where they were interviewing whoever it was who was writing Batman at the time. They asked him a joke question of why Batman is not always getting the ladies, and his reply was something along the lines of "Batman is Gotham City. Batman would do anything for Gotham City. Its why he trains himself everyday when he could be out sleeping with all these girls or having fun. If protecting Gotham meant that he would have to sleep with every hot broad in gotham city, he would do it in a heartbeat." :laugh:

Anyway, I really think that was inforced in this movie. If Batman knew that killing himself would be the only way to save gotham, he would put a bullet in his head with a smile on his face.
 
And in this case, putting down Dent for good...... was best for Gotham.

Alright.. I'm becoming more cool with it. I just really liked how he continued his non-killing streak by saving the Joker, but was a bit put off by him then turning around and killing Dent.
 
Well thats the thing man, I dont think he KILLED Dent persay, I think he just wasnt able to save him.

It wasnt batmans fault, at least it didnt look like it too me.
 
whether or not the death of Dent was accidental or intentional, i still believed that Batman made the right choice, dent's rampage had gotten out of control. where he started off executing corrupt cops and mob leaders, he was a hero out of control, but when he was willing to execute a little boy, that was when he went from being an out of control hero to a villian
 
Also, I'm willing to bet Dent's not dead. Not for good, anyway.

Allright folks, we have a mission. The film's got around $300 million more to make to surpass Titanic as the highest grossing film of all time. Let's make that happen. :)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top