And also to be fair, he did notice that the other characters do have motivation behind their actions, even though the first 5 episodes don't really cover that enough. He made a One Piece joke here, but fans of One Piece may very well find themselves liking Gokaiger. It really is a team of nontraditional pirates, each that have their own personal aspirations but are drawn together as a team anyways.
But that VR Troopers joke. Ouch... Even as a joke, I felt the poison on that one. Can I get an amen on that?
"Felt the poison?" It did seem like it was a jab at there being rangers he didn't recognize or something like that.
While I ultimately enjoyed this review, there were a few things I found disappointing. To wit: I really wanted to hear his thoughts on the older Sentai teams' outfits, since he's always making commentary on the suit designs in Power Rangers. I wanted him to react to Battle Fever J, dammit! Instead not only does he not mention them except in passing, he also doesn't mention the ending theme at all.
I am glad though that someone else saw a Gokai Green/Doctor Who connection. Seriously I think of Colin Baker every time I look at Doc.
Also that "Navi" joke works on more levels than even Linkara knows....
since the Greatest Treasure in the Universe turns out to be the Triforce, almost literally
On that note, if he ever watches later episodes, I do hope he comments on the thing I disliked about Super Megaforce. To wit, the one time I actually tuned in to that show, it was to see an adaptation of the episode where Joe sees Barizorg use that special move from his master Cid (and you can tell a Final Fantasy joke will be forthcoming) and realizes Zorg is Cid mechanized. Megaforce turned this into just them being distraught that the enemy has a really strong attack, removing any and all character arc from it. I'm also weirded out by (as I probably mentioned before) that in Gokaiger all the rangers are aliens EXCEPT Gokai Silver, whereas in Megaforce he's the only one who IS an alien.
But then, Linkara's not inclined to compare the two. Maybe I should do my own video, but I'm not even sure where to start.
I was gonna wait and link to this on the same day that I post my own video about Super Sentai, but that looks like its gonna be awhile... anyway, I actually posted my response to his "The Hobbit" review.
Since this forum now has an annoying habit of turning all links into thumbnails, I'm not even gonna bother with the URL code and just post it
Just to make sure I'm not off here, Linkara never did any more of Zyuranger besides the one episode, right?
Although, from that one, I'm not sure if I should be looking forward to Kakuranger, or dreading it. At least the only weird stuff in Dairanger was massive holes in the logic of the plot...:redface2:
I was confused as to what Shogun_Master meant, thinking "did Linkara say he would review Dairanger or Kakuranger?"
I still want him to see Battle Fever J and gawk at Alien-Barbiedoll-Miss America.
Power Rangers and Super Sentai caused me to realize something. All those people who claim to have seen UFOs and Aliens over the years, like Whitley Strieber and them? They were abducted by Power Rangers. Shadow People are just the monsters of the day that haven't been fought yet. The ancient Chinese legends of the red king who rode atop a dragon's head? yeah, look at the opening of Dairanger.
And then I realize that Sentai teams have included Aliens, Time Travellers, and Espers, and.... oh god... [that Haruhi dance song starts playing]
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.