The HeroPower Show - Reviewing Riders, Rangers, and more.

Yeah Let's Go Kamen Riders! was a weird, weird movie. Even by Kamen Rider standards. You addressed every problem I had with the film.
 
Only Phillip's actor was wearing a wig. Shoutarou's hair was really his lol

Also....u sure did ask a lot of questions lol
 
On the whole "Double Riders pretending to be evil for 40 years" thing, you actually answered it for yourself:

The Shocker scientist who undid their brainwashing was the grown-up Naoki (Isao Sasaki's character in the lab coat.) He couldn't have done that until a couple years prior to 2011, if not during the present of the altered timeline itself. So they were actually under evil control for at least most of that 40 year time-period since they lost and were re-captured in 1971, when he was still a kid.

(I dunno exactly how the subs phrase it, because I've only watched it raw, but that was how I interpreted it when I first saw it in theaters.)

Edit: Also, now that I've finished the whole thing: Pretty good overview. While I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum on this movie (I absolutely loved it and nearly everything about it) you did raise a lot of good points. Looking forward to future episodes!
 
Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah, the timeline changes were very odd to me. Some things were changed for the better since all the Riders showed up, but then other things just stayed the same because... I don't know. lol

So...anything for a Top List? Perhaps, after all this talk of nostalgia...

"TOP 10 THINGS YOU WANT TO SEE IN SUPER HERO TAISEN..."

(..but you know Toei is not going to it.):laugh:

Ha. At some point, I may just do something similar.

u sure did ask a lot of questions lol

One of the goals of the show is really to help further the discussion about this genre. So I thought it was appropriate to engage the viewer with honest questions (and a few snarky ones).
 
XXXXXXXXXX_00027-1-1.jpg


Watch Now.

In this episode, our brains break as we try to make sense of everything that's happened to "Power Rangers Samurai" in the past year, and how it relates to the rest of the franchise. Including the debut of "Super Samurai" and what it means for the current incarnation of Rangers. Spoilers ahoy. Raise snark shields to maximum.


---
So, I lied. I was planning on making this a "mixed bag" episode, but when I started figuring out exactly what I wanted to say, I realized there was just way too much to fit into one video. So I'm keeping some things separate for now. Gokaiger/Go-busters are coming up.
 
The thing that irks me still is that they're trying to make Emily into another Kotoha, when they don't actually need to.:redface2:
 
I agree with you about your points about PRS, but you said at one point "everyone in the audience is saying..." You should clarity the ADULT audience might be saying that. I am pretty certain the little kids watching just don't care.
 
I'll disagree with that, to some degree. I think kids are smarter than we sometimes give credit for, and many of them would be confused. I know I was when they introduced new weapons TWICE in MMPR and made it seem like both times were the very first time they used them. :anime:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top