The Forbidden Kingdom (Jackie Chan & Jet Li) - Talk Up!

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Finally, the years we've been waiting for! Today is the day that they release the new movie!

Has anyone saw it yet? Or planning to see it?

I'm planning to go and see the movie on Sunday with my sister.
 
At least you guys are lucky enough to see it in the States, over here in RipOff Britain, we have to bloody wait until July to see it and even the French are getting to see it before us in June!!!:bawling:
 
I think it's a joke. If it was more like two detectives from two rival policing agencies forced to work together, then maybe I might have a different opinnion.
 
I hear there's a pretty good amount of action, and that Jackie and Jet's fight is at least 5-6 minutes long, which is a good sign. I know neither of the guys really liked the movie, but they've said they're going to be working together again a dream project (for themselves and us fans) that Jackie called "Jet Li's Fearless meets Jackie Chan's Police Story." So I'm more excited about that than I am about Forbidden Kingdom. :dance:
 
Action Check
Funny Scenes Check
J-J Fight Perfect
odd annoying white kid sadly check
Classic Monkey King antics + Wushu weapons Check

The only downside to the entire movie is the white kid, who's technically the main character. It's the same kid from Disney's Sky High, and he is basically the same character, but...
Go for Jackie and Jet. They make it worth the while. Four thumbs up of awesome to them.

also, it's supposed to be before "The Journey to the West"
 
I hear there's a pretty good amount of action, and that Jackie and Jet's fight is at least 5-6 minutes long, which is a good sign. I know neither of the guys really liked the movie, but they've said they're going to be working together again a dream project (for themselves and us fans) that Jackie called "Jet Li's Fearless meets Jackie Chan's Police Story." So I'm more excited about that than I am about Forbidden Kingdom. :dance:

Well, sweet.

Still, I'm stoked for this anyway.
 
To sum up the movie, it's basically Neverending story but asian.

The Jet Li vs Jackie Chan portion however makes the entire movie worth the price. :buttrock:
 
At least you guys are lucky enough to see it in the States, over here in RipOff Britain, we have to bloody wait until July to see it and even the French are getting to see it before us in June!!!:bawling:
Fly to America to see it early, duhhh
 
To sum up the movie, it's basically Neverending story but asian.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it!!!

At first, I thought it was going to be a serious movie. But it's definately not, and I think it's directed more to children. BUT don't let that turn you off, because I thought it was actually a good movie, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Jet and Jackie give excellent performances, and their fight scene is fucking ace. And the two women, Sparrow and The Witch, are FRIGGEN HOT. HOTTER THAN HOT. I drooled.

I'd definately see it again. :buttrock:
 
I just came back from seeing the movie. All what I was waiting for was Jackie and Jet's fight scene. That was a pretty badass fight scene. One thing though for those who've already seen the movie:

[HIDE]Was the old man that Jackie played in the beginning the same character as the Drunken Immortal (Obviously he wasn't immortal until the end of the movie which is the whole point of this question of mine.)? It was implied in the end that he is the same character. Implied as a keyword.[/HIDE]
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top