SuperBoy And The Legion Of SuperHeroes

I would agree, but I once felt that way about Batman: The Animated Series final season and ended uploving it and then I felt that way about the Teen Titan's art when I first saw it...... so, I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt.
 
The last bit of concept art I saw was bullshit, and nowhere near the final design. Which is good, 'cause it looked horrific.

That said....this show should really be more like JLU than TT. Huge team (at least 40 offhand, and I want to say 60), dark/mature storylines--the only thing it has in common with TT is that they don't really have secret identites. So instead of it taking away from the story like it did with TT, it actually makes it more faithful.

Oh, and....


Lightning Lad

Superboy

Brainiac 5

Saturn Girl

Timber Wolf

Phantom Girl

Bouncing Boy

For a line-up?

What the ****? Bouncing Boy? Timber Wolf? Man, **** these D-listers. Someboy go get Triad, Karate Kid, and most importantly--fucking COSMIC BOY. Its not even logical to have the Legion without its founding member. (At least, its founding member for the past two incarnations, which covers twenty years.) Lightning Lad as the leader? I suspect this is just because he works better as a toy, what with the projectiles and all...

I don't know guys....everything I hear about LoSH makes me nervous as **** about what had to be my favorite book last year, in both its DnA and Mark Waid forms. (Haven't really read all that much in the way of comics this year except IC.) I suppose it doesn't help that both those takes are actually rather dark, even for the Legion, does it...:disappoin
 
I just can't believe they're running with "Lightning Lad", I've always prefferd him named, "Live Wire".

But seriously, where the hell's Cosmic Boy, and Ultra Boy?! Is Phantom Girl supposed to be Apparation? We better get the damn Emerald Eye.
 
well with them using Superboy I can see why they're not using Ultraboy, but no Cosmic Kid in the line up makes no sense
 
Zensouken said:
I just can't believe they're running with "Lightning Lad", I've always prefferd him named, "Live Wire".

But seriously, where the hell's Cosmic Boy, and Ultra Boy?! Is Phantom Girl supposed to be Apparation? We better get the damn Emerald Eye.


....Ultraboy? Is that son of Ultraman? :laugh:


...Seriously, who the heck is Ultraboy?
 
ForeverRed said:
....Ultraboy? Is that son of Ultraman? :laugh:


...Seriously, who the heck is Ultraboy?
Short version Ultra Boy is somebody who a lot of the same powers as Superboy but can only use them one at a time. The only thing he can one up supes on is that his ULtra Vision can see through lead
 
Zensouken said:
I just can't believe they're running with "Lightning Lad", I've always prefferd him named, "Live Wire".

But seriously, where the hell's Cosmic Boy, and Ultra Boy?! Is Phantom Girl supposed to be Apparation? We better get the damn Emerald Eye.

Have you not read Legion since the latest reboot with Mark Waid? (Not that I'd blame you if you haven't. Its a good book but it DAMNED sure pissed me off. DnA's Legion was just fucking fine.) They've gone back to the Boy and Girl and Lad and Lass names. It works since they're all teens again, but yeah, to have a grown-ass man be named "Lightning Lad" is fucking stupid.

That said...this current Legion line-up for the toon sucks ass. I know they're supposed to star other members occasionally, but really....Bouncing Boy and Timber Wolf? Cosmic and Ultra Boy should take those slots. Timber's welcome to star in a few episodes, but cats like "Matter-Eater Lad" and "Bouncing Boy" and other loser kids from the pre-Shooter-era Legion should stay the hell out of this cartoon. Honestly, the Legion has wayyyyyyy too many Modern Age heroes that DON'T suck for these guys to exist.
 
Well, it sounds like they're skipping the usage of Ultra Boy, because if they already got SuperBoy, the powers would be pretty redundant.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top