Straczynski Steps Up For "Superman" & "Wonder Woman"

Ragna "D" BloodEdge

By the Power of Gaia!!!
4qepw.jpg

Well...that was quick. I was wondering who would take over from Gail Simone.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25119
 
"Back to his roots"

I thought Supes had been "back to his roots" since the post-Infinite Crisis One Year Later shitic...this seems more "back to the 1980s" with the Lexcorp tower in the background.

Dianah, Clark and Lois are sporting an elderly kind of glamour there.
 
I really don't know how to feel with this. Simone's WW left me cold, but JMS just seems all wrong for this character.
 
Simone's run on WW wasn't especially bad in any way, but I just couldn't get into it. A lot of her ideas about the Amazons and the mythological aspect of the character felt sorta half-baked to me.

JMS, though... this guy tends to start off doing perfectly serviceable runs that degenerate into Very Special Episodes after awhile. That is a really bad thing to bring to Wonder Woman, who can be a dreadfully preachy character when she isn't written with care.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top