Fearmongering? :laugh: Wow. Sounds to me like you're friend took this movie serious, which makes their opinion almost worthless in the case of a movie like this. Its a bad movie. (Poor plot? Duh. Snakes are cold-blooded, so if you turned the AC down low enough most of them would go dormant, methinks, until you could land the plane....) Its supposed to be bad, and taking it serious is a joke in itself.
Hmmm...Sounds to me you are the one taking things quite seriously. All I asked was for an opinion and honest answer as to why you [plural] all thought it was so great. I'll ask you to leave your half-assed ill-informed judgments of my friend at the first post, thanks.
Kyusaku said:
I thought it was handled pretty well. It's a campy action flick, does the plot need to be mesmerizing and thought provoking? No. If you like action, gore, sex, snakes, and Samuel L. Jackson, you will enjoy the movie. Just look at the title for godsakes, whoever you heard from apparently expected some kind of landmark film like "Once Upon a Time in the West". You're really expecting way too much. The Boston Globe gave it 3.5 stars out of 4 stars.
No, a plot doesn't need to be mesmirizing and thought-provoking to be good, but it does need to bear some semblance to reality. I like action, gore, sex - hold the snakes; Samuel L. Jackson - eh, we'll leave him be already and so does my friend (s), but if they say even with that, this movie was that unsatisfactory, it gives me reason to pause. I won't speak for my friend, but no, I doubt that they were even close to expecting a landmark film. And the Boston Globe to follow ratings? I won't get into that, but I know more about their so-called rating system and know better.
And riiiight, taking into consideration all the money, effort, time, that goes into making a Hollywood film, I seriously doubt that they'd just throw something slipshod together and expect it to be as such. Particularly if the acclaimed "legend" L.Jackson is part of it.
Really. Sheesh, you guys are way too wired. I passed on one opinion of someone and asked about what you guys thought about it. Before I fork over about 10 dollars to watch a shitty flick, I'd like to know - that's all.