Since when are we scared of Judd Lynn?

With Eddie being fired and Judd Lynn taking over as Executive Producer, A lot of people are scared that RPM's quailty will drop come Episode 19. And I ask Why? Judd Lynn is PR's greatest writer. I don't think he can write bad PR. I'm glad he's back. It's fitting that it's him and not a random scut writer. What do you think?
 
With Eddie being fired and Judd Lynn taking over as Executive Producer, A lot of people are scared that RPM's quailty will drop come Episode 19.

It's not like it could drop any lower. The only two episodes that're really passable are Go For the Green and Dr. K.

And I ask Why?

Because 18 episodes of continuity that need to be kept consistent in theme and tone means there really shouldn't be too stark of a difference assuming the writer picking up the slack is willing to keep the show's identity.

Judd Lynn is PR's greatest writer.

Debatable. Not everything he wrote or plotted was genius.

I don't think he can write bad PR.

I take it you missed Time Force.

I'm glad he's back. It's fitting that it's him and not a random scut writer.

I would have preferred Marchand from the get go.

What do you think?

Cautiously optimistic.
 
It's not like it could drop any lower. The only two episodes that're really passable are Go For the Green and Dr. K.

Nah. Those episodes suck compared to "The Road To Corinth" and "Fade to Black". That was when RPM was TRULY awesome and who knows? Maybe they might pull **** like that again in the end of the series.


Debatable. Not everything he wrote or plotted was genius.

I partially agree on that part. He WAS a great writer, but he didn't do Turbo any justice.

I take it you missed Time Force.

TIME FORCE WAS AWESOME! That was Power Rangers at its best because it was well written, had a deep storyline, and it was true to its Sentai counterpart, Timeranger.
 
Nah. Those episodes suck compared to "The Road To Corinth" and "Fade to Black".

Well he IS a gimmick RPM hater, let's not forget that:thumbs:

I partially agree on that part. He WAS a great writer, but he didn't do Turbo any justice.

What's this key emphasis on "WAS"? He pretty much saved PR with his work on Turbo. Any objective fan can take one look at the second portion of that season and find something fun and dramatic spread along the fillers.

They won't do that of course because they follow the pack mentality of "Turbo is teh suck"

TIME FORCE WAS AWESOME! That was Power Rangers at its best because it was well written, had a deep storyline, and it was true to its Sentai counterpart, Timeranger.

PR isnt Sentai nor should it ever be. It is NOT a plus to have a straight adaptation with smutterings of originality, it's more of a plus for the opposite way around. Sentai footage for the Sentites I always say:thumbs:
 
Nah. Those episodes suck compared to "The Road To Corinth" and "Fade to Black". That was when RPM was TRULY awesome and who knows? Maybe they might pull **** like that again in the end of the series.

They were alright, but the tone felt awkward to me as it seemed to be as anti-PR as possible.

Not to mention all of the seriousness they built up slowly faded away with future episodes. It kind of cheapens their value knowing that the epic defense system showed in episode one is so easy to avoid by Grinders, or that the army that the first scene made such a big deal out of is horribly incompetent.

I partially agree on that part. He WAS a great writer, but he didn't do Turbo any justice.

He made Turbo tolerable. His Turbo was actually pretty entertaining.

TIME FORCE WAS AWESOME! That was Power Rangers at its best because it was well written, had a deep storyline, and it was true to its Sentai counterpart, Timeranger.

No. It was pro-racism and Ransik was turned from a sympathetic freedom fighter to a bad guy whose "entire vendetta was founded on hate." Despite the fact he was fighting because of being oppressed. And how racist Power Rangers were never once implied to be taken ironically and only at heroic face value.

It's a muddled, pseudo-intellectual piece of horse **** that Judd Lynn didn't even LIKE. It tried to start an epic morality plot and ultimately failed at every turn.

Well he IS a gimmick RPM hater, let's not forget that:thumbs:

Oh please. Is it that hard to believe I genuinely dislike RPM? Is a fandom like this so horribly retarded that anyone who has a minority opinion is being different for the sake of it?

I don't understand how people can watch episodes like Handshake, the Ranger Episodes, and the horrible incongruity of tone and world building occurring after Rain and thinking the show to be quality storytelling. Clearly, as I'm not sucking the show's metaphorical cock, I'm a gimmick.
 
Oh please. Is it that hard to believe I genuinely dislike RPM? Is a fandom like this so horribly retarded that anyone who has a minority opinion is being different for the sake of it?

I don't understand how people can watch episodes like Handshake, the Ranger Episodes, and the horrible incongruity of tone and world building occurring after Rain and thinking the show to be quality storytelling. Clearly, as I'm not sucking the show's metaphorical cock, I'm a gimmick.

I can tell you're one of those people that loves to have a dissenting opinion, then has to remind people of it like that somehow makes you special.

Are you Question on BentaBoard?
 
With Eddie being fired and Judd Lynn taking over as Executive Producer, A lot of people are scared that RPM's quailty will drop come Episode 19. And I ask Why? Judd Lynn is PR's greatest writer. I don't think he can write bad PR. I'm glad he's back. It's fitting that it's him and not a random scut writer. What do you think?

Jonathan Tzachor.
 
I can tell you're one of those people that loves to have a dissenting opinion, then has to remind people of it like that somehow makes you special.

Are you Question on BentaBoard?

Uh, no. Gerbil the Sinner. Was also on BentaBoard, RangerTalk, take your pick.

And I don't love having a dissenting opinion. I simply enjoy things that're quality. If I hated what everyone loved, why would I dislike the vast majority of Operation Overdrive?

How hard is it to except the fact I don't think RPM is some kind of Power Rangers masterpiece?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top