Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 33: "The Kunoichi That Loved Yakumo"

Ninnin3303.jpg

"Shall I believe
That unsubstantial death is amorous,
And that the lean abhorred monster keeps
Thee here in the dark to be his paramour?"

The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, as enacted by a Shinobi and an Anthophila. Unfortunately Yakumo is already in a committment with his lawnmower. Yes, this was the same writer with his funny ideas about love and the English.

Next week, the long-awaited crossover between Sentai and Power Rangers Metal Hero.

I preferred the "misreading everything as a love confession" gag when it was done in One Piece just 3 weeks ago.

Aside from that, all I could think of while watching this episode was "man, I'd rather be watching next week's episode now".

Hey, at least everyone else thinks Yakumo's faux-Englishman-ness is silly.

Anyway, I was laughing throughout the balcony scene. Not an amazing episode, but I was satisfied.

Well, Nagi's settling well into acute and quiet observant role. Now to give us more definite role for Fuuka and Kinji besides "angry but clumsy sister" and "just there ex-rival."

I see Kinji as a middle ground. Smarter but not as strong as Takaharu. Stronger but not as smart as Kasumi or Yakumo. Good as a substitute for Takaharu when they need muscle or for Kasumi/Yakumo when they need smarts.

Nagi's observation skills are like Kasumi's, except Nagi understands the "who" and "why", while Kasumi understands the "how" and "what". He's also more creative than Kasumi is. I like how Kasumi pretty much defers to him (obvious in a few episodes), just so the best in him comes out.

Fuuka, I see mostly as the audience surrogate. She's the most average of them all. Nothing special, really, but I think she's important.

Shining~
- lol Kyuutaro :laugh: He's definitely playing it up for laughs - he already called Kyuuemon correctly during the last few episodes.

- Interesting that the hammer is now in his hand and he's the one using it, though.

- Huh, the last Kibaoni Ninja is female. Good then, I thought it was going to be all male till the end.

- That's a great acrobatic act from the suit actress of Fuuka in the fight after the OP theme.

- I find it weird that Nagi still doesn't understand what Romeo and Juliet has to do with Yakumo's plan, despite it was him who first realized Suzumebachi was in love with Yakumo.

- ....OMG they actually played Romeo and Juliet's balcony scene :laugh:

- Poor Suzumebachi, though.

- Interesting that Seiryuumaru gets some individual animation this time. Will we ever going to see some for the others?

- I just realized, TAKA IS DOING NOTHING FOR MOST OF THE EPISODE :laugh: