Should sentai have a male pink ranger?

Yuuki isn't quite on the level of, say, GokaiGreen or Go-on Green. She has ditzy moments, but the show wouldn't do anything to make her look really awkward or ungainly.

I agree; even when she's doing something stupid it doesn't really disrupt her aura of cute. Still, even getting to dress up in genuinely awful costumes and be treated as an awkward and unpopular nerd is closer to "real comedy" than most Kamen Rider heroines who are not named Akiko get.

I generally consider any female character whose comedy 1.) is not a thinly-veiled excuse for male gaze and 2.) does not stem from being a buzzkilling scold to the Silly Boys around her to be a step up from the standard.
 
Well, I am still on the Mood Point stage where I am still preferring Pink to be a female color, but I suppose it might work for a guy as well, give or take. That is if the producers for the next Sentai series would want that to happen. But it worked out okay for Kamen Rider Decade, but his color was more magenta than pink.
 
I think Raia was totally pink. Tezuka's jacket was pink, and his Card Deck was (a really bright) pink.

You know it's still fun to joke about stuff like this. Especially, its been a few years since Decade, longer with Ryuki (if you don't count that Hacking Cough Marine, Chris, from Dragon Knight).:sweat:

Either Pink will get you killed..."TWICE" (or "vented" for that matter)...or it will grant you the abilities of the Christ and God Mode almost everyone.

Still the Male Pink Ranger obsession occured since how long pre-Disney Era...dunno why a lot of people are obsessed with it. Nonetheless, Gokai will grant that wish.:sly:
 
honestly, I wouldn't care.

but from a child's stand point... it's a no

remember sentai is a shounen show... and during this time, the kids are seperated into their own groups, boy and girls

boys always went for blue

girls went with pink

at least, that's what it was like when I was a little kid.

of course, I want to go deeper with what I said, but again, I don't care about the heroes coloring
 
The thing is that the "blue is for boys" "pink is for girls" thing is largely a social construct (and, as lc pointed out, an entirely recent one). Girls gravitate towards pink and boys gravitate towards blue because in our modern society that is what they've been socialized to do since they were infants. Children in their natural state are very open-minded but are also very impressionable, and if adults tell them that blue must be for boys and pink must be for girls, they really have no context to understand that this is an entirely arbitrary decision.

Same goes for the idea that superheroes are for boys and playing house is for girls. They do those things because that's what their parents encourage. Many boys will happily play with dolls and many girls will happily roughhouse if they're not brought up to associate these things with a social stigma.

I'm all for anything that breaks down arbitrary societal barriers that contribute to inequality, no matter how small, so I'm all for showing kids that a dude can wear pink and still be awesome.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top