Shinkenger's Outcome - Blame it on the Mecha?

Yeah, the fact that no mecha, apart from the first 5, has shape shifting ability to justify its' origami name is definitely a disappointment. It is hardly a surprise however.

Anyway, the design of the first 5 origami is undeniably awesome. They don't just transform into any random shape but those suiting perfectly with their owners' respective kanji:thumbs:
I also love TimeRobo for a similar reason, it's alpha and beta modes are just brilliant.
 
Last edited:
I suspect that the mechanical designers had a really hard time engineering origami that could fold up into the little blocks, unfold into animals, and also combine with other units in the required ways. So the later origami probably ended up simpler power animals just due to time crunch.
 
If they can't do their job in time then they probably shouldn't have gone with the origami gimmick in the first place. Or at least call the other mecha by some other name and loet the first five be Origami.

I also love TimeRobo for a similar reason, it's alpha and beta modes are just brilliant.

Too bad the Time Jets themselves are absolutely useless. I'll take the Jet Machines over them, thank you.

Come to think of it, Timeranger was one show where mecha seemed pretty out of place.
 
You act like that will stop you from then asking the question "Why are the first five mecha called Origami's and the rest aren't?"

:laugh: Well, audience and customers are hard to please for a reason

But these things make me think that Power Rangers did a good job calling everything "-zord" and then "megazord" so that such conversation would not happen:thumbs:

As for the other origamis, I think they would be less criticized if Shinkenger had drawings of ShinkenOh, shadowed or not, wearing different sets of armor. Then those armor can turn into animal shape. That way people would appreciate the armor's ability to turn into battle entities known as Origami, not criticizing the ugliness and the not-worthy-of-the-Origami-title of the mecha.

On the other hand, I am quite fine with the additional Origamis until UshiOrigami because they look similar to their real-world Origami counterpart.
 
I really think that this is something were gona have to get used to. I see a long future of giant clusterfucks ahead but that really shouldn't effect the story. Having a episode when they find a new mech is a lot better than some of those filler eps in between. The biggest disapointment in Shinkenger's was never showing us how to adopt a Red Ranger. I was so looking forward to Go-OnRed driving me places.
 
You act like that will stop you from then asking the question "Why are the first five mecha called Origami's and the rest aren't?"

No. They could have two sets: the Origamis and some auxiliary support mechas under a different group. Were it up to me, DaiTenkuu would be a single piece a la Tsubasamaru. So we would have two "main" robos (ShinkenOh and DaikiOh), their "armors" (DaiTenkuu and Ika), and the Ushi carrier. The Kakuranger format with two additions, essentially.
 
just feel content on the mecha especially more than 7 fusions, quite hard to tell clusterfused. Samurai Haoh almost powerful yet lacking of armor. in SRW most of Super Robot types were having hard to get staggered with such bulky armor.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top