Sentai - Is there really need for a Mecha Battle?

Doggy Kruger said:
There really isn't but by now it's tradition.
Having a sentai without a mecha battle is like having a hamburger without patty.
I think...
...burgers like that are sold at fastfood places now.
 
Totally awesome thread.

That's a great question to ask.

The further back in time you go, the more important mecha seemed to be; you know? Like, the heros would have to face death or great personal sacrifices to get these weapons or machines. They just don't pop out of the technomatic sliding door, ready Right when the last gear the heros used stopped being effective. The timing is just so anti-climatic and hurts the level of drama.

I agree with one poster. I would MUCH rather see villains defeated by a fight where the ranger's just administered an old fashion beat-down that the monster just couldn't handle rather than: here's a gun the size of Wyoming. 'Cause, why wouldn't you use that FIRST? Save the city some damage and take 'em out with the biggest thing you have.

The idea of waiting until THEY get the upper hand to break out your best toys just doesn't match up with how people would really fight a menace in real life.
 
Jonin said:
Hmmmm...Robots in Sentai we have to give the "thanks to" to the Mazinger (Go Nagai). Without this, the "Super" in "Super Sentai" couldn't exist.

I like the ancient mechas. Today i prefer much more the CG's of the mechas and his special punchs, kicks, and powers, than the big boxes human stunts walking...well...try to walk. :laugh:

I don't know...nowaday i don't approve the mecha as they are. :nono:

I want Daileon, i want Titan Jr, i want Jushi Fighters. Less big box, more moviments! :shakefist

Hey, I Liked DragonCaesar! :laugh:
 
One of the things I liked about Bioman was that the Biorobo-Mechagigan battles were the exact opposite of the "quickie" battles seen in others. Now the SFX may be dated, but that was part of the charm - what they could get away with with the limited technology. The Bio Robot would have to fight an army of mechanical cobras, tentacled monsters, a camera monster that would trap the robo in exposed film (!)

Anyway the point is the fights were longer, with more variations, and varying final attacks with the sword.

BTW, Darrien - any new fanfics coming out?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top