sentai and kamen rider is like video games

BoukenSilver83

shinkenchange!starninger!
i mean all the kamen rider and sentai shows now are like video games because they are more toys on the show and releasing them than sticking to the plot,
back in the old days from what i understand there wasnt much toy releases and it was more to watch than buying merchandise, i know its about bandai making money, but im also thinking about that its about making it more fun than the old days,
im guessing people were getting bored at just watching them and toei and bandai wanted to make more merchandise and make twice as fun and make more money rather than watching it and losing your yourself in it, it is fun for me the way they are doing this now because it's keeps off the bed and relieves alot of stress and problems off my back.

what's your opinions on this?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
they are more like action figures for adults rather than children's toys that have ads on tv....i think
 
I don't think so, i mean a game is pretty much merchandise itself, I suppose that it would be good for Toei if the game somehow promotes buying more toys but i don't think it does.
 
I don't think so, i mean a game is pretty much merchandise itself, I suppose that it would be good for Toei if the game somehow promotes buying more toys but i don't think it does.

im talking about the shows themselves they are like video games because it's more battle scenes and merchandise rather than making a story line with limited merchandise like kamen rider black's story line.
 
I'm pretty sure Black had a lot of battle scenes, too.

And video games aren't all about battle scenes and merchandise, so I think that's a bit of a crappy comparison.
 
I get what he's trying to say.
He's saying the shows are about flair and selling stuff.
That's what a video game is, Having something to catch your eye so you buy it.
I see the comparison, but I think this is only true for the first half of most series. After that, they begin to drop how much new "merchandise" they show and become more plot heavy.
Take Shinkenger, yeah later they introduced Super and Hyper ShinkenRed, but really there wasn't a lot of stuff to sell. And there was a lot more going on in the show at that time.

Now, I'm not saying the shows in the beginning don't have a plot, but after the first half things usually crank up a bit more.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top