S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

I would love a Spawn figuart since there has been a Spawn figure made in ages. I would imagine Tamashii would only get the rights to SC2 Spawn or the 1997 movie version. Either version would make me happy.

ThreeA Toys may be making a Spawn figure in the near future.
 
In my opinion, Sword has the highest probability of getting a figuarts figure as she's by far the most popular Cure from Doki Doki in Japan.

Speaking of Cures, I do hope they release the Mugen Silhouette from HCPC someday.

Was she that popular over there? Diamond seemed really popular, especially after that Ira episode. She was the only one of the characters that stayed in the top 20 anime characters in that popular girls magazine (although that demographic probably aren't big Figuarts buyers) and was actually the only female character in there at all for quite a while. Regina seemed really popular with the kids there and of course yuri fans.

I'd be happy enough if all them are regular releases, but that's not particular likely. Diamond coming first is the only reason I asked, since the popular character in Smile clearly got preferential treatment.
 
Finally, just arrived infront of my door step:

SHF KR #1 The Next (from Mandarake Osaka)
SHF KR #2 The Next (from Mandarake Osaka)
SHF KR V3 The Next (from Jungle)

I can tell you that it was a PITA to find those 3 at a very reasonable price including shipping. I'm just glad that now I have the main 3 The Next riders.
 
Really, have their prices gone up that much? I remember they used to hardly go for more than 15 dollars and you could find them anywhere on the secondary market. I had no idea they'd gotten rare.
 
Speaking of Pretty Cure are Black and White worth getting?

Depends one which versions you want. If you want to be a little cheap go with the original Futari Wa Pretty Cure. However the Tamashii Nation exclusive Max Heart versions also come with their fairy partners, which can be pretty appealing to collectors, if you're willing to fork over some more cash. I managed to find both for a good deal on ebay a couple of years ago.
 
Yeah, the Max Heart versions were released pretty recently and are much higher quality. The downside is that they were exclusives and tend to go for quite a high price on the aftermarket. The Futari Wa versions are earlier Precure releases and suffer from some problems, but they're still decent and you can usually get both Black and White together for half the price of just one of the Max Heart versions.

Generally speaking, the Precure Figuarts see a massive jump in quality for everything past the Futari Wa releases. I'd only buy characters from Yes 5 or Fresh if you happen to be big fans of them (although Peach and Dream aren't too bad if you just want the main characters).
 
Really, have their prices gone up that much? I remember they used to hardly go for more than 15 dollars and you could find them anywhere on the secondary market. I had no idea they'd gotten rare.
I know, right? Those 3 I paid $150 altogether including shipping. If I bought those 3 in, say like, 3-4 years ago, I would've only paid 1/4th of the price I paid now. I just regretted that I skipped these 3 before when they were so cheap.

I remembered 4 years ago when SHF line first launched. The very first runs of SHF figures like The Next riders, Kuuga, Agito, Black, Black RX, Domon Kashuu, etc, were literally everywhere. $15 a piece, nobody wanted to buy them.

Then, suddenly, BOOM! The SHF line expanded so much that it gotten very popular like today, most of the very first run of SHF figures are instantly sold out. >:(

Almost all of the scalpers / collector took this opportunity to sell the figure at insane pricetag, especially The Next riders. Well obviously their target market was the collectors like me (a sucker, really :sly:)

One of the reason The Next riders became so rare & expensive was because Bandai decided to re-run KR #1 & #2 ONLY as THE FIRST version, while the demand of The Next riders were still quite high.

V3 The Next were not too bad, as Bandai for some reason re-run him about the same time when KR #1 & #2 The First version were released.

I literally just given up hunting Shocker Riders from the Next. They're now like $80-$120 a piece for the MIB ones, same as an exclusive figure. If you're getting just one Shocker Rider, it may not be a problem. But if you're a completist like me, getting 6 Shocker Riders at reasonable price is like sacrificing my weekly payroll. I'd rather use the money to feed my wife & son.
 
A couple of years ago i got myself Ichigo (The First Version), Nigo (The First Version) and Kamen Rider The Next (i am not calling him V3). I got them for a decent price considering that A)Here in mexico these things are more expensive due to shipping and B)Most imported toys you have to get them from the third market. I never wanted the Next versions of 1 and 2, and if their price has really gone up that much, then all the more reason not to get them.

Red Tyranno Ranger said:
Speaking of Pretty Cure are Black and White worth getting?

If you like the characters then they are worth it. The original versions are cheap and easy to find, their only real downside is that material they are made of makes their colors look a bit washed, and they have a low accesory count (they come with a couple of extra faces and 3 extra hands (black comes with a special "holding White´s Hand" for their signature pose)). Besides that they have some very good sculpts and great articulation, though they do feel a little flimsy due to their size (they are at scale after all).

The Max Heart versions look great and have a great accesory count, i don´t have them myself (yet) but if Shiny Luminous is any indication, then they are definetily worth the price (i maintain my argument that SL is better than all the Sailor Moon releases so far).
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top