Just a passing through Toku Fan....
Every now and then I enjoy a good slice of life anime to even out the over the antics I normally watch. It’s hard for me to find one to get invested in however, though luckily this fall has given me the show I’ve been looking for in Robotics Notes.

Robotics Notes is a nice slice of life anime based off a PS3 game that debuted earlier this year that asks the question, “What would happen if you actually tried to make a giant robot?”

Set in the year 2019 our protagonists Kaito Yashio who actually doesn’t really care for robots but is a genius at the hit new fighting game Kill-ballad and child hood friend to our female Protagonist Akiho Senomiya. Akiho on the other hand is a total giant robo fan girl to the point of quoting and physically reenacting moments from her favorite series Gunvarell. These two are the sole members of the Robotics Club at Central Tanegashima High School in Kyushu, Japan. Currently we are nine episodes into the series and some conspiracies and a potential end of the world scenario has popped up and has changed a slice of life series into something akin to Phi Brain Stein’s Gate type of series. While at first I was a little bummed out this isn’t the slice of life story I originally thought it was be. Instead we’re treated to some pretty deep cerebral stuff but yet still retain some of light heartedness we were originally introduced in the beginning too. Want see some more look for it after the jump!

Robotics%3BNotes_cover.png

http://youtu.be/ATrHXQN_lO4

Cast and Crew information
Kaori Nazuka as Frau Kōjiro
Rie Kugimiya as Airi
Ryohei Kimura as Kaito Yashio
Sora Tokui as Junna Daitoku
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Subaru Hidaka
Yoshino Nanjou as Akiho Senomiya

Director: Kazuya Nomura
Animation Character Design: Chikashi Kubota
Art Director: Ichirou Tatsuta