Recurring themes of your nightmares and dreams!

It's not so much a theme, but it does happen a lot... When I get nightmares, a lot of times I end up becoming aware that it is a nightmare, but I cannot end it. At that point, the nightmares stops being scary, and it just becomes annoying and frustrating.

However, I was able to take control of a nightmare once, in which my friend and I were being chased by a giant monster, and was able to bring Godzilla in to deal with the monster... BEST. DREAM. EVER!
 
It's not exactly a recurring dream, but I often have dreams where I learn the "secret trick" of how to fly. Then at some point during the dream, I realize that the "trick" doesn't make any sense. At this point I either attempt to reassure myself that I'm not dreaming, or (more recently) just accept that I am dreaming and just decide to enjoy the feeling of flight until I wake up.
 
I haven't had a nightmare in the past few years, and I don't really have a reoccurring theme in my dreams. They're usually whacky and make you say "what." Lately my dreams include Super Sentai though...well only some of them.

One dream that I can remember from the top of my head was this rip-off of the "199 Great Hero Battle" that happened on my block and Tetsu and Don couldn't find their clothes. ._.

Then I had another dream after that where my friend and I became the Magirangers. But we sucked at it. Like really sucked at it. What I remember was us freaking out and running away from an explosion. Yeah...
 
It's not so much a theme, but it does happen a lot... When I get nightmares, a lot of times I end up becoming aware that it is a nightmare, but I cannot end it. At that point, the nightmares stops being scary, and it just becomes annoying and frustrating.

However, I was able to take control of a nightmare once, in which my friend and I were being chased by a giant monster, and was able to bring Godzilla in to deal with the monster... BEST. DREAM. EVER!

My nightmares usually end with me killing said perpetrator of the nightmare as I fight them with martial arts I only have seen in Avatar or I die. It's almost like the Matrix since I can get myself entrenched into another world via Astral Projection and being really tired. OR that i-Doser program...

Usually my dreams involve stories I want to write for several series, with an alternate world where Super Sentai is American while Power Rangers is Japanese while another immersed me into an Astro Boy sotry I've been writing. In addition, these dreams have brought my Kamen Rider fanfic and a graphic novel that is postponed.

Not really sure what is a nightmare or dream as I enjoy both. lol. :)
 
I have OCCASIONAL reoccurring dreams about these undead people who are skinless that reside in stall-less public bathrooms or other dark areas and no matter where you are in that area, they are strategically placed so that one is always staring at you (their eyes don't move/ they are frozen.)

However if you touch them, brush against them, or they feel your presence they jump alive, grab you, and rip your skin off from your eyelids.

:/ I have this sort of dream once every year or two. I have no clue why. I forget about it for the longest time and then BAM I dream of them again.

I've nicknamed them toilet-zombies.
 
Last edited:
I barely have any recurring dreams, though there are a few exceptions that I remember:

The only thing that's very recurring since, I don't know, 4 years, is that most of my dreams are semi-lucid, somehow I have control over it and know it, but that doesn't necessarily mean I know it's a dream. It's really fun.

This one skipped a few months or years before coming back, and I think it's a common one: I dream I am either shirtless or just in my underwear in public places. On the bright side, no one seems to notice, even me, I just tell when that semi-lucidity comes up and think: ''Wait... isn't this out of place?... OH SNAP!''. I haven't had it in a long time.

Speaking of semi-lucidity, the most recurring theme I have is a videogame-like control over my dreams. I often wonder what I would do if I could stop time, so this is no surprise.
Sometimes I'm in a dangerous situation and somehow I can hit pause and just get the hell out of there. Problem is, for some reason I can't do it inmediately and start to get desperate, and at the very last second, I hit it.
Another variation of it, is when I get completely lucid. I'm in a dangerous situation and realize everything is lost, from one second to another I change and realize what's happening is not real (either that or just have very high hopes it's not), so I hit pause whenever I want, and go to some sort of main menu, I can never remember what the options in the menu are, but I believe one of them is ''Exit'' and when I hit it I wake up.
Yet another variation of it is to just have the ability to stop time, however, each time I dream it, it decreases, since apparently it's power relies on my faith in it and it has faded overtime, to this point everytime I use it everybody around me knows it and just moves around mocking me or not caring at all.

I think the most interesting one is an on-going story I've had.
It's interesting because each part plays after a lot of years since the last one, I'm talking of at least 3.
It's a story about vampires, every kind of vampire that has appeared in any form of media is in this. It started with a weird vampire that resembled Ursula from the Little Mermaid in a mansion/villa hidden in a forest. Where a lot of my friends are turned into vampires by her and start chasing me, at the end they bring me before that Ursula-like vampire, betray her and kill her.
After that it expands into a bigger story that takes place all over the world, all with people I know.
Another thing that makes this so great is that this story is just epic. It takes awesome twists, has a great plot and great battles and every person is well characterized.
This story, so far, has been exempt from that semi-lucidity rule, no matter what, I never know I'm dreaming it. It's a lot of fun too!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top