Power Rangers Mystic Force - Episode 23 "Heir Apparant, Part 2"

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Mystic Force - Episode 23 "Heir Apparant, Part 2" - Talk Up!

It'll be airing tonight at 8pm ET on Toon Disney and tomorrow morning at 10am ET on ABC Family.
 
I voted 8. Maybe it was the mood I was in today (I wasnt in a particular mood really but who knows) but I didnt enjoy it as much as I did the other episodes. It was good though. The action was fantastic. But it just felt as though Nick's reaction and revelation was dissapointing. I would have expected a bigger reaction out of him. More like a "wtf?" but he was mostly just "ah, I c! Ok then..."

I feel 8 is generous because while I was dissapointed in how Nick was revealed to be Bowen, I did think the action was fantastic. Especially the nick vs Koragg battle. That was great stuff there.

But beyond all the fighting there wasnt much going on here. It could have been executed better but if you understand the schedule and rushed time contraints they have to work with it's a damn good effort. We cant always push out our best work every time we need to.

So I do applaud their effort here.

Good episode. I just expected the revelation of Nick to be center stage not back stage. I always figured Nick should be more upset at the revelation. More angry and unwilling to accept it at first.

But that's just my little nit pick. It was an ok episode beyond that dissapointment.
 
Rating: 8 out of 10. It felt a bit rushed.

Good:
-The way Udonna found out Nick was really Bowen, that was really socking for her. Oh that Clare.

-OMG Daggeron said Die!

-It was good to see "Koragg's Trial" to play an important role. Expectually the Virus thing.

The episode was great, However, for the Bad:

-Brightstar debut was rushed. It really just came out of nowhere. Unizord? I liked Steederon better. yet, I have spelt both names wrong.

-The way Daggeron revived was rushed too. Why did Jenji had to eat of whatever he did.

-In the Nick vs. Koragg fight, Why didn't the rangers help him?

Overall: 8 out of 10.

For Both parts: 9 out of 10
 
Last edited:
I must admit I really enjoyed this epiosde.

My only real complaint is how in the world did Nick know he could form a Megazord with Brightsteed? I guess he figured he could do it since he combined with Catastoros but a little explanation would have been nice.
 

Daggeron said that he could form a zord. Right when he left out of the dimention.
 
I think I may have liked this part better than part one.

I'll have to watch them back to back to tell.

Regardless of the sum of it's parts, Heir Apparent is an A+
 
I have to give it a 7 out of 10. I completely agree that the revelation of Nick as Bowen was really rushed and should've been a bit more of a reaction from him instead of just taking it at face value, especially in the middle of a battle with Koragg.

The fight with Koragg was really well done with the fight between Daggeron & Imperious coming in a close second.

However, the way Brightstar was revealed, coupled with the offset reactions of Nick especially at the end when Udonna's having him clean up and treating him as if he was always under her care sort of threw it a bit.

In the end, at least it did the reveal and should set things up well for the later episodes.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…