Aronbafon
I doubt they'd do a Grasshopper. I mean so far we've only seen things based on mythology so it'd seem out of place to base it on a normal animal.

"Training."
I don't care about their mythology motifs and stuff anymore. I just want a Spider and Bat Phantom. They are essential to a Kamen Rider series.

Back in Black
The placement of Spider and Bat would have been ideal for the beginning, but they wanted to go with other things.

Fangtaku
Actually, there are a number of mythological spiders that could be used. Egyptian goddess Neith, Greek's Arachne (as well as Athena, to some extent), African's Anansi (also known as Kwaku Ananse), Lakota's Iktomi, Navajo's Spider Grandmother, Japan's Tsuchigumo and Jorogumo. Anansi the trickster or Arachne are probably the most likely to be used.

For bats, I couldn't find any specific mythological creatures/deities dealing with them, but given that they're traditionally associated with vampires, we could see something based on vampires.

Back in Black
Spider Man was not mythological. Bat Man also was not mythological.

It's fine to downgrade to a more common or generic creature theme.

I don't think that I could stand a Heisei Rider Starfish Hitler.

Aronbafon
Even if they're essential they won't always fit in the setting the show is trying to create. Though it's funny to look back at some of the older motw. Especially the very first ones.

[HIDE]
firstmotwheisie.jpg
[/HIDE]

Back in Black
That was a Squid Orphenoch, right? Some of the Orphenochs didn't really resemble anything. I didn't even know that the guy who wanted to be in Lucky Clover was a Spider. :laugh:

The ones in OOO were weird.