Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Anime

Just Because Pokemon had better games doesnt mean it was overall better than digimon.

:/
digimon season 1, and 2 were my faves, tamers had.. lucious characters, but frontier was my favorite opening(american) and the next one is kinda of skew from the original formula... but I like it anyway.
 
Just Because Pokemon had better games doesnt mean it was overall better than digimon.

:/
digimon season 1, and 2 were my faves, tamers had.. lucious characters, but frontier was my favorite opening(american) and the next one is kinda of skew from the original formula... but I like it anyway.

oh, don't get me wrong - i love digimon (especially the "boku no wargame" movie), but as a franchise it can never match the success of pokemon. i even admitted the digimon anime is better, but it'll never make as much money, never have as many fans, and (sadly enough) probably won't last as long as pokemon probably will (decades to come?). just from a purely statistical and business standpoint, it's not as popular as pokemon. there, that's the best way. pokemon isn't "better," it's just more popular and successful (and that's from a fan of both)
 
how convenient it's only the girl that's replaced each time. Ash just has his way with them and tosses em aside.
 
man, i am so tired of the "digimon is better than pokemon line." yes, it is. happy? the digimon anime is (plot-wise) a lot stronger than pokemon, but where's digimon been the last three years? and if i recall, seasons 3 and 4 were no gems. decent, but not better than pokemon those years. and, i'm pretty sure i'm right about this, digimon never produced any million-selling video games, either :P

Well you can continue to be tired of it because you know I'm right. :anime: Plus, I already knew: Pokemon has pretty decent games and a **** anime. Digimon has **** games and a good anime. :laugh: But more popular doesn't mean better, and the fact that Pokemon had so much silly **** released for it (plush toys, card game that everyone wouldn't shut up about, etc....) ended up eventually making me distance myself from even the rather good games. Sure Digimon had the same stuff, but they never overshadowed the show, which was the main focus. Unlike Pokemon, where some people thought the plush toys and card game was where the damned monsters came from. Its because of this that I think Digimon's better. No one has to agree with me, its just a personal opinion.
 
Let's face it, pokemon's formula is pretty generic. Some bad dude (doesn't always have to be team rocket) stirs up **** and Ash and friends save the day for some secluded town/village or themselves. Throw in the constant attempts to pilfer Pikachu and an occasional ancient pokemon (Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre etc.) and that's what you get. The problem with a long-running anime like pokemon is that you run out of original ideas pretty quick. It's not like Dragonball or Naruto or Bleach which have fight scenes lasting more than two eps. With digimon, there's a chance of coming up with a totally new idea and expanding upon it.

Having said that, I actually prefer pokemon over digimon for some weird reason.
 
I'll have to go with neoboy, Digimon has only ever had TWO good seasons, the first and Tamers (which was and still is MILES better than Pokemon right now and it's insane to think otherwise), Pokemon has had four (Kanto, Orange Islands, and Advance and Advance Battle), and some really solid movies that brought majesty back to the long term series movie format

Digimon Savers(Season Five) is turning out pretty awesome for the recent episodes(imo, from Ikuto's first appearance on). It's actually made me want to cry a few times. Lots of character development and angst.


I wonder which of the Diamond/Pearl starter Pokemon Ash/Satoshi will get? The little penguin critter is so cute...
 
Digimon Savers(Season Five) is turning out pretty awesome for the recent episodes(imo, from Ikuto's first appearance on). It's actually made me want to cry a few times. Lots of character development and angst.


I wonder which of the Diamond/Pearl starter Pokemon Ash/Satoshi will get? The little penguin critter is so cute...

The little penguin is gonna be my starter for sure :D I hope the evolved forms are cute too ...
 
I wonder which of the Diamond/Pearl starter Pokemon Ash/Satoshi will get? The little penguin critter is so cute...

I think he'll get the plant pokemon for two reasons. Firstly, he's always managed to catch a plant pokemon from the new region eg chikorita from johto and treecko from hoenn so I assume the pattern will continue. Secondly, in the promo picture you can see the little guy standing in front of him. This happened, I'm sure, with the Advanced Generation promo picture which had Ash standing very close to treecko.
 
May has boobs. Misty doesn't. And they are the same age...hmm...
I believe this was done by the animaters on perpose.
What do you think?






I like Pokemon better.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top