Playstation Portable(PSP) a good buy?

Rider Knight said:
Sadly they're not region free. Happily, I'm getting one for Xmas! Sadly, I have to buy the games myself cos my Dad spent £180 on it and not spending anymore on me for Xmas! I'm buying: Metal Gear Acid, Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Wipeout Pure, Burnout Legends, Wedding Crashers UMD and Transformers: The Movie UMD. :D
So, will Japanese Region 2 UMDs work on UK PSP's? Coz I could hardly give a monkeys about whatever's been released in the UK. I don't want some empty old Hollywood film I want some KamenRider/Sentai (you know the deal).

Oh, and isn't it a bit too early for Christmas?
 
Rising Sun Ranger said:
So, will Japanese Region 2 UMDs work on UK PSP's? Coz I could hardly give a monkeys about whatever's been released in the UK. I don't want some empty old Hollywood film I want some KamenRider/Sentai (you know the deal).

Oh, and isn't it a bit too early for Christmas?

Not if you want a PSP. My Dad managed to grab one from Argos and I'm getting it at Christmas and he told me about it he just said "You better start buying some PSP games and UMDs." I can't wait to put in GTA: LCS for the first time in my PSP! You can do everything you could do in Vice City except fly helicopters...:( And why the **** are you bitching about not being able to import Japanese stuff?! There's a fucking convertor on play.com where you can transfer loads of video files onto memory sticks and your PSP har-drive. Voila! Kamen Rider/Sentai on your fucking PSP! So stop bitching! Anyway, why the hell do you think HKs are made? Just buy the bloody DVD sets! Anyways, only Toku that's going on MY PSP is Ultraman and Gen Sei series to show off to my friends. Something tells me they won't be impressed by "Japanese Power Rangers" really.
 
PhilGood said:
Rising Sun Ranger the only toku that I've seen on UMD are this

http://www.toho-a-park.com/character/justirisers/bm.html
http://www.toho-a-park.com/character/gransazers/bm.html

I think that if Toho sells those UMD's well we might see Sazer X released on UMD. I'm guessing. I could be wrong.

Hopefully im buying a PSP(if all goes well) the first of next month. I'll probaly will pick up Darkstalkers(a game that's underrated).
Well, I guess it's good to see at least some Toku being released on UMD. Even though I don't really care much for Grasazers, etc.. but I guess it could be worth giving ago..

Rider Knight said:
And why the **** are you bitching about not being able to import Japanese stuff?! There's a fucking convertor on play.com where you can transfer loads of video files onto memory sticks and your PSP har-drive. Voila! Kamen Rider/Sentai on your fucking PSP! So stop bitching! Anyway, why the hell do you think HKs are made? Just buy the bloody DVD sets! Anyways, only Toku that's going on MY PSP is Ultraman and Gen Sei series to show off to my friends. Something tells me they won't be impressed by "Japanese Power Rangers" really.
................................................




So where did the word "bitching" come from, and why was it apropriate?
 
Typical toku episodes, when encoded, end up between 60-70 MB a piece. For example, I test encoded an episode of Justirisers, and it came out to 64 MB. I did the same for the first episode of the original Kamen Rider, and loaded it on my PSP, and the quality was still just as good. If you invest in a larger memory stick(absolutely necessary for videos), a 512 MB stick should roughly hold 6-7 episodes of any Toku(assuming the encodes would be the same size as my Justirisers encode)....

And why the **** are you bitching about not being able to import Japanese stuff?! There's a fucking convertor on play.com where you can transfer loads of video files onto memory sticks and your PSP har-drive. Voila! Kamen Rider/Sentai on your fucking PSP! So stop bitching! Anyway, why the hell do you think HKs are made? Just buy the bloody DVD sets!

And you need to relax....there's no need to go off at him like that....
 
Last edited:
Finally!! I picked up a PSP today. Haven't opened it yet though

Also picked up

Blade UMD
PSP USB Cable.

Maybe I will put some files from my computer on it. Next time I will pick on the GTA:LCS.
 
I mainly want it for being able to watch Tokusatsu and Anime on the go. That and hopefully be able to play games like Chrono Cross on the go.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top