Pirates of the Caribean: At World's End - TALKBACK *SPOILER*

Rider Strike

Thumbs Down
I saw it last night and one thing... AWESOME! Captain Jack OWNES Spidey.
5/5 in my book, Spider-who? so wadda you think?
 
Pirates: At worlds End - TALKBACK *SPOILER*

INCREDIBLE FILM! at 3 hours long not a moment was wasted. we get to see the inner-workings of Jacks mind. Will & Elizibeth have some Freaky Sex on the Beach and all the bad guys get thier due (All bad guys should have to experience thier death in Slow-motion) And the best part of it all.... Barbosa is finally a good guy and it's ok to root for him.

My personal favorite scene is right at the end where Jack uses his compass to find his Rum. And don't forget to stay after the credits for the HAPPY happy ending.
 
Oops, we didn't stay after the ending.

For me, the movie rather dragged in the beginning. However, I think it had a good resolution, which made everything better. I'll probably end up seeing it again with my mom sometime soon.
 
For anyone who didn't stay after the credits *And remember the ititle says Spoiler*

It shows Elizibeth and a Ten year old boy (Obviously Wills son) standing on a cliff. and as the sun sets the Dutchman appears on the horizon sailing towards the coast.
 
LOVED the movie. Only problem I have is they killed off one of my favourite characters, Commodore!Pirate!Admiral Norrington. I love him. I wish he would have lived....but at least he died a heroes death.

I normally don't swoon over Will Turner (as I prefer Jack and Norrie myself) but DAMN if I didn't orgasm when he was kissing Elizabeth's leg. And HELLOOOOO Elizabeth can I please have a roll in the hay with you now.

It's sad that Elizabeth and Will will only see each other once every ten years now, but I think it's a great ending....not a fairy tale ending or anything like that. I might post more later as I think of it.


ETA: So apparently my roomates bf saw a clip or a deleted scene belonging to AWE that had Tia Dalma stating that if the Captain's (of the Flying Dutchman) lover was still waiting for them ten years later, than the curse of the Flying Dutchman would be lifted, and they could choose a new Captain. Don't know how reliable that is, but that's a nice thought.

Also, Beckett's death sucked, and was way too over dramatic.

ETA 2: Also...now that I think about it, James' death was kinda lame too. James is a COMMODORE, who KNOWS how to fight. He is a master of combat, and he knows not to take his eyes off an enemy. Instead, he shoots the line so that the Flying Dutchman's crew can't cross it, and then lamely fights Bootstrap only to be stabbed by a pointy stick.

1) He could have crossed WITH Elizabeth and cut the rope after he was on it.
2) Even if he was staying behind to give them time to escape, he should not have shot the rope. He should have cut it with his sword, thus giving him time to defend himself against Boostrap and the rest of the oncoming creatures, which he should have been able to handle. Even if they DONT die when they're stabbed.

At least I like the part where he stabs Jones with his sword. Aww my poor Jamie...<3 RIP.
 
Last edited:
considering Elizabeth apparently dind't AGE at all in ten years I think that the lover is immortasl as well. I mean Calypso said "Ferry the dead and once every ten years your allow to go on shore and visit your love" well thats great and all, but not much incentive after the first few decades.
 
I believe Elizabeth was only 18 or so when this whole series first started, and I think there was maybe a year or two until the third movie ended, so tops Elizabeth is 30 when Will comes back to see her. She didn't necesarrily have to age much.
 
LOVED the movie. Only problem I have is they killed off one of my favourite characters, Commodore!Pirate!Admiral Norrington. I love him. I wish he would have lived....but at least he died a heroes death.
I'm with you completly... WTF was up with killing him? I /liked/ him. LAME. :(
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top