Not wanting to have children, how to deal with it?

A lot of people seem to regard adoption with as much horror as if you said "I plan to raise my baby in a crack den." I know someone who says she would never ever put her child up for adoption because the ONLY reason for a man to want to adopt is that he's a rapist/paedophile (I tried to tell her how strict the adoption laws are, she was having none of it.) Or they go on and on about "but I couldn't love a child that's not MIIIIIIIIIINE." Which is just sad

I'm re-training as a carer for the elderly, and while I haven't started the job yet, it's pretty much reinforced my wish to never have kids. Old people can be very demanding yet they can already speak, walk, read, some of them can use the toilet without assistance, etc.
 
A lot of people seem to regard adoption with as much horror as if you said "I plan to raise my baby in a crack den." I know someone who says she would never ever put her child up for adoption because the ONLY reason for a man to want to adopt is that he's a rapist/paedophile (I tried to tell her how strict the adoption laws are, she was having none of it.) Or they go on and on about "but I couldn't love a child that's not MIIIIIIIIIINE." Which is just sad

I'm re-training as a carer for the elderly, and while I haven't started the job yet, it's pretty much reinforced my wish to never have kids. Old people can be very demanding yet they can already speak, walk, read, some of them can use the toilet without assistance, etc.

Yeah wow... From reading your posts in the past and now this.. Please seek another job. You are the last person that should be dealing with the elderly. Unless you are working at some job where you just send out bills or something. But if you are working directly with the people, do something else.

Anyway... How not to have kids. Men: Don't stick your dick into a vagina with out protection. Women: Don't let a dick into your vagina with out protection.

See it's not hard at all.
 
Yeah wow... From reading your posts in the past and now this.. Please seek another job. You are the last person that should be dealing with the elderly. Unless you are working at some job where you just send out bills or something. But if you are working directly with the people, do something else.

I will be working directly with them. Too bad for you!

(and, little secret - I've been a hospital receptionist for almost a year! Seeing patients of all ages! Gasp!!)
 
So.. are you like a totally different person real life?

I can be. Whatever you may think of me online, I wouldn't work with vulnerable people if I were going to put them in danger, or not take care of them properly, or inflict my political views on them

(I still think I'd make a shitty parent though :sweat:)
 
This thread is starting me think my want TO have kids may be the result of mental illness if so many perfectly sane people hold the opposite view point with solid reasons behind them.:sweat:
 
I can be. Whatever you may think of me online, I wouldn't work with vulnerable people if I were going to put them in danger, or not take care of them properly, or inflict my political views on them

(I still think I'd make a shitty parent though :sweat:)

Well my hats off to you then. It takes a lot to work with the elderly. Just try and show them respect. They have lived a long time and most of them deserve the best we can give them. I would make a shitty parent myself. That is exactly why I will never have kids. I hate kids +_+
 
Well my hats off to you then. It takes a lot to work with the elderly. Just try and show them respect. They have lived a long time and most of them deserve the best we can give them.

Indeed they do. There's a lot of bad press in the UK at the moment about abuse/neglect in the care industry, so it is something I take very seriously

(funny enough, it was in the newspapers a couple of weeks ago that the hospital where I work now is one of the top 10 in the country for most patient complaints. I'm only the part-time receptionist but it makes me wonder :sweat:)

This thread is starting me think my want TO have kids may be the result of mental illness if so many perfectly sane people hold the opposite view point with solid reasons behind them.:sweat:

You are fine! Go with the flow. Do your own thing.
 
I would make a shitty parent myself. That is exactly why I will never have kids. I hate kids +_+
That being said, out of curiosity, what might you tell anyone who might play the "you were a kid once" card on you?

Me, if I want to get really snarky, I might say "it's not something I brag about". I don't think I hate kids though. Some kids are all right while some just plain suck to be around. There are just some aspects of being a parent that I don't think I could handle full time. It's quite a comfort knowing I don't have to fight with the cat about homework, and that I can watch anything I want with him in the room without worrying about him seeing nudity or picking up on foul language, he can never have too many toys, yeah the list goes on.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top