New DS being released by the end of 08?

Let's Compare The DS Lite and the DSi

screensizecomparisonef3.jpg


Nintendo's announced the DSi, the third iteration of its DS platform. But how does it stack up to the Nintendo DS Lite? We've crunched the numbers and got the data for comparison's sake. That, after the jump.

• Size of Liquid Crystal Display
Nintendo DSi: 3.25 inches
Nintendo DS Lite: 3 inches

• Liquid Crystal Screen
Nintendo DSi: Possible to display 260,000 colors
Nintendo DS Lite: Possible to display 260,000 colors

• Portable Size
Nintendo DSi: Width 137mm, Length 74.9mm, Thickness 18.9mm (touch pen is approx. 92mm in length)
Nintendo DS Lite: Width 133mm, Length 73.9mm, Thickness 21.5mm (touch pen is approx. 87.5mm in length)

• Power Supply
Nintendo DSi: AC adaptor for Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DS Lite: AC adaptor for DS Lite

• Weight
Nintendo DSi: Approx. 214g (with touch pen)
Nintendo DS Lite: Approx. 218g (with touch pen, Game Boy Advance cover)

• Charging Time
Nintendo DSi: Approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
Nintendo DS Lite: Approx. 3 hours

• Battery Life
Nintendo DSi: The lowest brightness (9-14 hrs), low brightness (8-12 hours), medium brightness (6-9 hours), high brightness (4-6 hours), highest brightness(3-4 hours)
Nintendo DS Lite: The lowest brightness (15-19 hrs), low brightness (10-15 hours), high brightness (7-11 hours), highest brightness(5-8 hours)

• Software
Nintendo DSi: Software for Nintendo DS, Software for Nintendo DSi.
Nintendo DS Lite: Software for Nintendo DS, Software for Game Boy Advance

• Input-Output
Nintendo DSi: DS card slot, SD memory card slot, AC adaptor connection, stereo headphone/mic jack
Nintendo DS Lite: DS card slot, Game Boy Advance cartridge slot, AC adaptor connection, stereo headphone/mic jack

shellcomparison01zg2.jpg
 
Is the new DS backwards compatible with Gameboy Advance games? I have pokemon to migrate and it's gonna suck if I can't do that on the new DS.
 
It is not backwards compatible with GBA games.

Which really isn't that big of an issue for me.

I'm not a fan of the design. Sorta looks like a bootleg DS Lite.
 
I am soo trading in for this if it works with my M3. =D They just need to release in navy blue, pink, light blue, or light green.

As for the GBA games, I have a SP, so I'm good.
 
Last edited:
Already have a DS Lite and planning to get an MP# player sometime soon. I wonder if I should just hold out for this.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top