New Adventures Of He-Man On DVD

Skyknight

Lurker
Volume One boxart

AdventuresofHeManV1.jpg


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbKXHaCnMcA&mode=related&search=

Features include two new documentaries, ink and paint trailers, and trivia facts. Not a bad package, and Gary Chalk (who would later voice Man-At-Arms in the great but overrated recent He-Man series), voices He-Man here in one of the best performances he's pulled yet.

Great animation, and yes, I know perfectly well a lot of old-school He-Fans despise the fact this is in the same continuity and he went into space, by hey, so did Power Rangers, all for the better, and the same applies to this. This is probably the most underrated He-Man series out there, this collection also includes the excellent five part pilot and the episode "Sword and Staff", regarded even by the series detractors as a classic He-Man episode, where Skeletor finally gains a permanent advantage over He-Man

65 episodes makes it the second longest He-Man series
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only memories I have of that paticular series are bad ones, but that's just me. I'll stick with the original. And with She-Ra when it comes out in November.

Yeah, I should'nt really scathe your dislikes, I mean, I hate it when others cum over the overrated recent version instead of this or the original

Sorry dude, it's just difficult finding fans for this, and it really irks me when all it still gets is negativity, and most of the time when I look at it, there's absolutley nothing wrong, only that it uses the name and characters of He-Man. The deep characters, plots, and storylines just seem to scream a better appreciation that it may never get even with this release.
 
Hm...what's the action like? Is it choreographed and animated well? I've never heard of this series before. Judging by the box art alone it looks early 90's. But I usually end up missing out on most of the He-man legacy for one reason or another.

Save for the live action Masters of the Universe movie, which I just bought on dvd a week ago. One of my favorites. Frank Langella is awsome in it and it's the reason why it's one of my favorite movies of all time. But I digress...
 
Yeah, I should'nt really scathe your dislikes, I mean, I hate it when others cum over the overrated recent version instead of this or the original

Sorry dude, it's just difficult finding fans for this, and it really irks me when all it still gets is negativity, and most of the time when I look at it, there's absolutley nothing wrong, only that it uses the name and characters of He-Man. The deep characters, plots, and storylines just seem to scream a better appreciation that it may never get even with this release.
Believe me, I really did want to like this when I first saw it, but the changes were too extreme for me. There was just too much I didn't recognize anymore, and once that happens, sometimes it's just too hard to stay interested.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top