I am the law
And just remember that 90% of effective weight loss is diet. You can work out like a fiend every day for months and get nowhere if you don't know how to use and fuel your body properly. Got any specific questions about anything, shoot me a PM or let me know here.

Whoa whoa hold on here! 90%!?! You mean I have to end my love affair with KFC? :( But who will eat all those delicious chicken wings if I don't!?!

In all seriousness good luck w/ the weight loss and getting into shape Borg. I've recently started working out myself. I haven't gotten to the point of radically changing my diet, although I am trying to cut out eating a ton of deep fried foods. Right now I'm just concentrating on getting back into the work out mindset and routine.

Not to sound like a disagreeable prick, but most nutritionists are full of **** because they subscribe to all the widely-accepted contemporary propaganda-style nutritional studies that are like landmines to anybody trying to actually improve their physical condition. Unless you're in absolutely piss-poor shape, seeing a nutritionist is really just a waste of money. All the information you would potentially receive from one and more is on the internet, anyway. Do some research, learn for yourself!
Thanks I'll keep that in mind.:)

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Whoa whoa hold on here! 90%!?! You mean I have to end my love affair with KFC? :( But who will eat all those delicious chicken wings if I don't!?!

In all seriousness good luck w/ the weight loss and getting into shape Borg. I've recently started working out myself. I haven't gotten to the point of radically changing my diet, although I am trying to cut out eating a ton of deep fried foods. Right now I'm just concentrating on getting back into the work out mindset and routine.

I share the same issue with you, my friend.

But the way I deal with it is.......I don't stop eating the stuff I like, I just cut down the amount I eat. That really has been the key for me so far, but it depends on what you want your result to be with your workout routine.

If your goal is to cut down your weight SIGNIFICANTLY, yeah you're gonna have to take a break from Mr. Original Recipe or Extra Crispy for awhile.

But if you're someone like me that isn't too obese but wants to tone out the body a little bit to give some muscle definition, then you're on the right path on cutting down the amount of deep fried foods or fatty foods that you eat.

I think Bolt can elaborate more on this situation, but it seems you're on the right path so far by lowering the amount of "bad foods" you eat on a daily basis..........only if you're looking to add some definition to the appearance of your body.

boogie woogie feng shui
The only thing that really makes fried foods bad for you is that cooking things in oil means that it becomes saturated with it, and fats are calorically dense, which means you stand to take in a lot more net calories eating smaller portions of fried food than you might eating larger portions of foods that are leaner or cooked using an alternative method. I don't cut fried foods entirely out of my diet, but I do cut out things like dinner rolls or dessert (which, lets face it, should probably be cut out anyway) if I'm eating something that I know packs a calorie wallop. So yeah, portion control and management is a good way to keep from overeating while still being able to enjoy some of the foods you like but know you shouldn't get too much of. There's quite a bit of strategy and sacrifice involved.