I noticed a few weeks ago that I had seriously put on more weight than I should have. Usually, I'm around 17-18st although at one stage, I was 15st (to be honest, I mainly lost 3 stone in weight through a period of going to the gym and still being depressed over my grandmother's death the year before as I had lived with her all my life from a couple of weeks after I was born).

I got myself weighed last Monday on a electronic weighing machine in my local shopping centre and found that I was dangerously overweight at 18st 10lb and when I went to the doctor last Wednesday as I had had some mild palpitations the same day, I found that somehow I had put on 5lb in two days to 19st 3lb!

On a ironic note, the day before I got weighed by the doctor, I had bought a second-hand Wii which came with a brand new copy of Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board as well as EA Active in Liverpool which I didn't bother using until Thursday.

In the meantime, my weight's been fluctuating a bit since I started using it and already my weight's been fluctuating like crazy. At one stage, I had lost 6lb in two days!

To be honest, this is definitely a serious wake-up call to me as I'm concerned that if I put on even more weight, it'll affect my epielpsy which is reasonably under control although I still have the odd seizures every so often (I'm just grateful that I don't have them every day or every week or at least once a month).

In any case, I need as much support and encouragement as I can from the community here as I know that if I can lose at least 6-7 stones in 7 months (my birthday is in March), I'll hopefully look better and feel better as well, but at the same time, I know I can't do it without support and encouragement from others.

So if anyone has any advice on losing weight besides using Wii Fit Plus/EA Active and what's the best kind of foods to eat, I'd be very grateful. :thumbs:

If you really want to lose weight you have to go too a gym. Wii's don't help lose weight it's been proven. There more of a physical therapy device. If you don't want to pay to go to a gym then just run for 30 minutes a day. You can also do site ups, push ups, and anything else you can do with out a some work out device.

The most important thing that you have to do before even starting is throw all the junk food out of your house. Just do it. You can't start without doing this. If you have to have a snack through out the day make it a fruit or vegetable but I would try to cut out the snacks.

Banned
If you really want to lose weight you have to go too a gym. Wii's don't help lose weight it's been proven. There more of a physical therapy device. If you don't want to pay to go to a gym then just run for 30 minutes a day. You can also do site ups, push ups, and anything else you can do with out a some work out device.

The most important thing that you have to do before even starting is throw all the junk food out of your house. Just do it. You can't start without doing this. If you have to have a snack through out the day make it a fruit or vegetable but I would try to cut out the snacks.

Gym membership would be waste of time. But, hey, run for 30 minutes a day will do him good for his health. All the very important thing that he needs to do is to cut down on wrong foods, I know they're very delicious, but he have to think of his health, his well-being.

If he doesn't like to eat fruits nor vegetables, then no worries. He can order Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer. It will be much easier for him to drink rather than eating raw fruits nor vegetables. That's what I'm going to do later this year.

I've had it with all the juices that seemed to be 100%. There are many lists on the back of Juice. Many names that we are unfamiliar with.

BorgmanJayce, I pray for your health, your well-being. You will need to control what you eat. Look at what it did to me. What I called it a "Mindless eating." When I see something, I just eat it without thinking about my health.

That stops all that a week ago. So...I hope you can control what you eats! All the best to you!

(っ・ω・)っ
There was a similar thread about weightloss and it's really nice seeing people (including myself) trying to take initiative to get healthy. Good luck to you :333

I'm not into vegetables as much as fruit although even then I only eat fruit once or twice a week.

I'll be eating quality food when I start university in 3 weeks timehttp://forums.henshinjustice.net/images/smilies/169.gif as I'll be able to afford decent food even though for the past few weeks, I've been counting the calories on what I'm buying.

I confess the reason why I've probably put on weight is because I eat loads of crap subconsciously because I'm scared of having a seizure if my blood sugar drops a lot (in fact, my very first seizure was triggered to me stupidly not eating for 8 hours while using a computer at college because I was too engrossed in working on a DTP project).

I'm definitely going to the gym and do mainly cardio although I'll only be able to attend on certain days as I'm paying for a student rate at the main gym in town (Fitness First) and it's only eligible for certain days.

boogie woogie feng shui
To be fair, some of that apparent weight fluctuation could be the result of using several different scales. The readings you get from multiple scales will never be too consistent, and the electronic scales you typically find in shopping malls and for home use are generally the most inaccurate. The best way to get an accurate weight reading is to have it done on a medical scale by a trained professional. It's also worth noting that weight isn't everything; depending on your height and body composition, a higher weight reading might not necessarily be strange or mean anything bad. Taller people weigh more than shorter people; people with more natural muscle tissue weigh more than the rail-thin, etc. If you're worried about being medically overweight, get a body composition or body mass index test taken, as this is a much more relevant calculation of how much excess body fat you're carrying.

And just remember that 90% of effective weight loss is diet. You can work out like a fiend every day for months and get nowhere if you don't know how to use and fuel your body properly. Got any specific questions about anything, shoot me a PM or let me know here.

If going to a gym is not financial fesible for you what I suggest you do is borrow someone's set of weights and just work with them. Another method for cost saving I use is running around my neighborhood. It's free and honestly it is better than a machine. Trust me. I started running more and more and notice some difference in my weight. Granted that I eat more veggies than protein but it works.

If you really want to get healthy and all go see a nutritionist, trust me it'll be the best money you spend. You'll get a better idea on where your health is and the nutritionist can offer you a diet that might work with you in losing weight.

boogie woogie feng shui
Not to sound like a disagreeable prick, but most nutritionists are full of **** because they subscribe to all the widely-accepted contemporary propaganda-style nutritional studies that are like landmines to anybody trying to actually improve their physical condition. Unless you're in absolutely piss-poor shape, seeing a nutritionist is really just a waste of money. All the information you would potentially receive from one and more is on the internet, anyway. Do some research, learn for yourself!