NAME THE WORST SUPER SENTAI SERIES YOU'VE EVER WATCHED

I'm going to be a bastard and name the worst from each decade instead.

70s: JAKQ was actually good in the beginning, but Big One made the show fall apart at the seams! And the ending...*headdesk*

80s: Heh, hard since I like the majority of the 80s sentai. But I'll say Bioman. I'm sorry but I think it's way overhyped. It's pretty much a recycling of Denjiman with an irritating robot replacing IC the cute alien dog.

How does Maskman keep getting a pass? I can't figure it.

90s: Zyuranger. The characters were cookie cutter and the plot was wasted. Not to mention I hated all the villains except DaiSatan.

...Fiveman?

2000s: All of them. Just kidding. But there are more bad than good. Torn between Magiranger and Go-onger.

Seeing someone put Magiranger on the same level as Go-Onger makes me a little ill.
 
Well Sage Shinigami. Ask yourself this. Do you even care to try and understand why fans give Maskman a pass? Cause if you don't really want to take the time to think about it, then that's why you can't figure it out. And this is coming from someone who used to think Maskman was one of the worst seasons of all time. Now, it's on my top 10 favorites.
 
I can't get into Maskman either, but I'm going to give it a second try next year when the DVDs come out. I'm going to pick up the first volume and take it from there.

The Next, I think you should try to watch Dynaman. That is clearly the worst of the 80s, even moreso than TurboRanger. As for ZyuRanger, I love the series. It isn't the best, but it is by far starts off the beginning of the only time three series have been top notch in a row, with it being Zyu, Dai, and Kaku.
 
I can't get into Maskman either, but I'm going to give it a second try next year when the DVDs come out. I'm going to pick up the first volume and take it from there.

The Next, I think you should try to watch Dynaman. That is clearly the worst of the 80s, even moreso than TurboRanger. As for ZyuRanger, I love the series. It isn't the best, but it is by far starts off the beginning of the only time three series have been top notch in a row, with it being Zyu, Dai, and Kaku.

I've seen Dynaman and it seemed pretty typical. I liked the plot even though it got boring it still manged to hold me a bit. Yeah I saw your posts on Japan Hero dude.
 
It isn't the best, but it is by far starts off the beginning of the only time three series have been top notch in a row, with it being Zyu, Dai, and Kaku.

The '80s had five top-notch shows in a row -- Changeman, Flashman, Maskman, Liveman, and Turboranger. So there! :P

(Seriously, you have a problem with Turboranger, but you like Zyuranger?)

Along with Maskman hate, I don't understand the Turboranger hate. :shrug:
 
The '80s had five top-notch shows in a row -- Changeman, Flashman, Maskman, Liveman, and Turboranger. So there! :P

(Seriously, you have a problem with Turboranger, but you like Zyuranger?)

Along with Maskman hate, I don't understand the Turboranger hate. :shrug:

Ditto. Though I do understand the hate. It's just for me, loving it also makes sense. And I chose to love it, as it's more fun that way. :thumbs:

And honestly, I think X1-Mask plays way too big of role in how people view Maskman. :redface2:
 
I've come to dislike Zyuranger a lot less over the years, really used to just not want to touch the series, but I guess my perspective has changed. I see it as more of a fun fantasyish series that I don't have to think too hard about, and I guess that isn't too bad for one year in Sentai because it's not like the only other Sentai I think tried to take that route.

Anywho, copying that least favorite from each era thing...

70s: Battle Fever J (it is my least favorite, but I actually like all three 70s Sentai)
80s: Dynaman
90s: GoGoV
00s: Boukenger

I know I said Dynaman was my least favorite before, but that was just to not jump on a bandwagon. Though, after thinking about it, Boukenger really is my least favorite Sentai, well, one of the, it ties with Dynaman for worst. I'd say Go-Onger, but I actually really love the first 15 or so episodes of it.


the only reason people hate maskman is because X1 mask wasn't a normal run of the mill 6th senshi like we have now.
...wow.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top