My thoughts on the word Zord and why it's still around.

I don't know if they're the first giant robots created in the PRU, but I do know they were created by Ninjor, not Zordon. Why the name so closely resembles Zordon's Ihavenoidea.
The ninjor created the dino powers thing thing is a retcon introduced to insert Ninjor and the ninja related stuff into the show. It was always presumed that Zordan was the creator before that.
 
Heh, funny how they never explained why he created the zords. He just did.

Reminds me of this one episode from Reboot:

Bob: Your prepared for a giant monster made out enteirly out of nulls stomping around down town Mainframe? Tell me...how do you prepare for something like that?
Phong: Ah...lucky guess?
 
If it makes people happy to use the word zord great. I just think when a sentai mecha name is used over and over it couldn't hurt to use it.
 
Zoids came out long before MMPR..

In fact, when I first saw the US version, I thought the word "Zord" was a ripoff of "Zoid"!

Whatever they're called in Japan, they're "mecha" to me. Always has been, always will be. Even Mechani-Kong, Jet Jaguar and Mechagodzilla are mecha.

Super-Robots, Real-Robots, etc., are just subcategories of "mecha." Both Mazinger Z and Gundam are mecha.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top