Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie

I don't care how the majority is here, in Japan Ultraman rakes in the cash at the box office. The epic cinematic quality is just not there for Toei.

I'm also hoping for what you're saying...
However, I feel the first day'd go for the Kamen Rider Movie, as almost every Japanese Otaku teen is looking forward towards it...:redface2:
Also, while Double's still being on-air helps promote the movie...
 
Even if the Kamen Rider movie does better on the first weekend, Ultra Galaxy will probably do better in subsequent weeks if it gets good word-of-mouth. This happens frequently.
 
There is no way in hell the Decade/Double movie would beat out the Ultra movie in the opening weekend. Impossible.

Ultraman is Japan's Superman.
 
From what I've heard from a friend of mine who lives in Japan, there's already quite a buzz in Japan about the movie. Not to mention, there's a lot of pull factor from the movie. Mamoru Miyano, Junichiro Koizumi, the fact that it actually feature almost every ultra being, and the amazing special effect. I'll be damned if it's not at least as successful as the DoublexDecade movie
 
Even if the Kamen Rider movie does better on the first weekend,

Perhaps you're right...
But I'm just saying for the first 2 days at least...:redface2:
A lot of fans want to see the Kamen Rider movie not because of the story arc or the characters...
It's because there's a HUGE crush on Double's suit actor I believe...:sweat:
Probably he'll be at the Premiere...

Ultra Galaxy will probably do better in subsequent weeks if it gets good word-of-mouth.

That's what I'm also thinking about...:coolshades:
 
Last edited:
As I mentioned in another thread: Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Double & Decade: Movie War 2010 comes out the same weekend as this film! I can't wait to laugh at how this debuts at like number 8, and Ultraman at 2 or 3 :laugh: I don't care how the majority is here, in Japan Ultraman rakes in the cash at the box office.

Have you checked recent box office numbers? 8 brothers got over 8000k, while All Riders got over 21000k.

Now, I really don't think this newest Rider movie will repeat All Riders' success, it's coming out way too soon for that, and Ultraman is the one with the "all series in a single movie!" power this time... but Ultraman, currently, isn't nearly as successful as you seem to think.
 
I have to disagree. I thought Seven X had a great sense of humor when compared to the other "dark" series, Nexus. I enjoyed Seven X for being Ultraman by way of Philip K. Dick and for being a further example of the variety I love Tsuburaya Pro so much for.

Also, episode 7 is one my favorite episodes of the entire Ultra series and I would hardly call it "dark." It was a great mix of humor, drama, and romanticism!
Mm, yeah, would have to disagree with that myself. Seven X just didn't appeal to me, a lot of the stories were so bland and the narrative really made it feel as if the show was talking down to you.

Though, I will agree episode 7 was my favorite episode for those exact reasons you mentioned.

As I mentioned in another thread: Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Double & Decade: Movie War 2010 comes out the same weekend as this film! I can't wait to laugh at how this debuts at like number 8, and Ultraman at 2 or 3 :laugh: I don't care how the majority is here, in Japan Ultraman rakes in the cash at the box office. The epic cinematic quality is just not there for Toei.
Well the Mebius film was bested by the Kabuto/Boukenger film, though they were released a two weeks or so apart. The Mebius movie made $4 million, Kabuto/Boukenger made around $7 million. Last year's Ultra movie did marginally better than Kiva/Go-Onger (and I mean less than $1 million separating them)...which tells me that pure nostalgia power has sorta lost its novelty because you see the guys so often, so it could be the case of Tsuburaya being a great studio working against them, oddly enough.

Personally, I think Ultra Galaxy will do better simply because it looks high budget, gives the Ultra Galaxy cast a movie of their own (even though that series ratings sucked) and...well studying ratings for Decade makes me believe that when he isn't dealing with past Riders, no one really cares about his original story.

Though, just a curious note, the $8 million that made last year's Ultra movie made is considered the highest returns on an Ultra movie, but Kamen Rider/Sentai make that almost yearly and Decade just blew that out of the water. Makes me think it's kinda amusing that bringing back actual actors for Ultraman doesn't do much to increase their returns, but bringing back suits for Decade gives Rider the best performing movie ever.

Though this is looking at things based purely on monetary value, I tend to think Ultraman movies are a lot better. (save for last year when I didn't like any toku movie)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top