Man arrested for streaming episode 27 of OOO

Toei are clamping down on everything. I had the first Goseiger henshin and roll call on Youtube. Over 35,000 views. I got a copyright strike this week. The video is now offline. Took Toei long enough to find it, but it was just a clip, not a full episode, and I'd burned "© Toei 2010" into the end of the clip. >:(
 
Actually, we do do get it in America. Toei isn't being a dick about anything, because if they were they wouldn't let Saban adapt sentai. If you don't like it you can always buy toku on dvd, and if you can't speak Japanese take a class or hire a translater to watch it with you.

Super Sentai >>>> Power Rangers. That's all I have to say.
 
We're all going to jail. :(

Have they ever taken action against any of the sites subbing sentai or Kamen Rider? It's technically illegal, but it seems a bit silly for them to try and stop us from watching it. In Japan, I understand, as it's obviously going to hurt their ratings, but uploading it with English subs is just making the show more popular by expanding their viewer base AND it's selling a crap load of the toys to us as well.

It would seem like a huge mistake for them to try and clamp down on the subs.
 
Have they ever taken action against any of the sites subbing sentai or Kamen Rider? It's technically illegal, but it seems a bit silly for them to try and stop us from watching it. In Japan, I understand, as it's obviously going to hurt their ratings, but uploading it with English subs is just making the show more popular by expanding their viewer base AND it's selling a crap load of the toys to us as well.
It would seem like a huge mistake for them to try and clamp down on the subs.

It's not techically illegal, it is illegal. It's illegal because they don't have rights to sub it. It also hurts there dvd sales. Why buy the series on dvd when you can just burn it yourself. The toy sales to North America and Europe most likely doesn't even amount to much.

Some of you really don't understand this or you make excuses to make up for it.
 
The toy sales to North America and Europe most likely doesn't even amount to much.

I dunno about Europe, but the North American market can generate a lot of revenue through toy sales when a show hits. Remember, Bandai of America would've done a Power Rangers Samurai line even without a show to support it-- that's the kind of confidence they had in how well Power Rangers toys can sell.
 
I dunno about Europe, but the North American market can generate a lot of revenue through toy sales when a show hits. Remember, Bandai of America would've done a Power Rangers Samurai line even without a show to support it-- that's the kind of confidence they had in how well Power Rangers toys can sell.

I was talking about people who think that super sentai/ kamen rider sales is a lot. When in reality it doesn't amount to much.

Also that was said right when RPM ended, and since then a lot stores stopped carrying the brand or you can only find it at some walmarts or TRU.s
 
Scary...better stick to direct dls and streaming sites.

I don't wanna wait 4 years for the local kids channel to air the show in a lousy english dub without even using dual sound for the jpn audio...
 
Actually, we do do get it in America. Toei isn't being a dick about anything, because if they were they wouldn't let Saban adapt sentai.

Then why don't they allow us to purchase the actual properties?
Giving Saban rights doesn't clear their moral sheet at all, considering the money that comes in.
 
Then why don't they allow us to purchase the actual properties?
Giving Saban rights doesn't clear their moral sheet at all, considering the money that comes in.


I don't exactly get what your saying. If your asking why they don't just dub and air sentai. That's pretty obvious everyone in sentai is japanese, and in the west everything is more diverse. Also I'm assuming some things they do in sentai isn't apropriate for children here.

Also, how much money do you do you think is involved considering the brand is meant to sell toys.
 
I believe he had it coming. Because anytime you download or upload copyrighted material without permission your taking a chance, and by doing that I believe you accept whatever may happen. As for the japanese netizens making fun of him for uploading a childrens show, it's to be expected. Because no matter how you glorify it I.E blood, half naked woman it's still a show for children for them to wanna buy toys.

Well he did have it coming. But almost EVERYONE downloads or uploads copyrighted whether on accident or purposely. In the case of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, the lot of us depend on some people in Japan to record the episodes then send the episodes to us whether in America or any other country.
Please correct me if I'm wrong folks, cause I'm assuming that's how some of it works.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top