Kamen Rider Zero-One and Ryuki licensed by Shout! Factory.

yeah but doing the starburt at the bottom this time is awesome. i really wish theyd start doing the starburst again because for certain foils it is hard to tell immediately that they are foil. with the starburst at the bottom like that its super easy.

i agree that the starburst as a watermark sucks

i disagree with the dismissal of the starburst set symbol i think its just fine. DCI is fine too i just dont have anything against the starburst for the symbol

I hope it's something worthwhile like another Blu-Ray release.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I suppose this kind of ruins it, but someone who is at this convention took this picture at Shout Factory's thing. We can see cover photos for Kuuga & Fiveman. There is also apparently a ton of new Ultraman stuff that already dropped. I guess Shout Factory has been busy the last couple of months. This is likely going to be a big announcement tomorrow evening. Admins & a few random posters on Rangerboard keep talking like they know something & are just messing with us. Shout is being such a troll today. Lol

Last edited:
Storm Eagle, who, if I remember correctly, actually works for Shout, gave us another image with the post "it'll probably just be for streaming." The image contained a poster with 8 different logos for Ultraman series' & the header "New in July." Three of those are apparently already up.

Damn. Someone, somewhere leaked info from the press release which was supposed to follow this. Storm Eagle made special note to post a link to their social media liason getting fired.

OK, I'm sorry I didn't bring it up earlier, I just got some devastating & kind of horrific, unrelated news last night & was freaking out a bit.

Anyway, Fiveman releases on Sept. 6 & Kuuga on Sept 20. Both available for preorder. Fiveman will not be streaming. I assume we get new Sentai, but no one has said anything on the matter, yet. Kuuga Bluray has a feature to have subtitles with translated grongi & without it included.

It's worth pointing out that none of the previous twelve Sentai releases were available to stream on tokuSHOUTsu at the same time as their DVD release, but all were added later after they'd been DVD-exclusive for a period of time. So it's possible that Fiveman will follow the same pattern.

Another slight up date on the Fiveman release. Previous boxsets had the Saban Brands logo on them (as the owner of PR was also the 'master licensor' for all things Sentai outside of Japan) and Toei were not mentioned outside of the copyright notification.
This time however, there's no mention of Hasbro on the box and Toei did get their logo on there. So there's been speculation that perhaps the nature of the arrangement has changed and Shout Factory might now be able to license the shows directly from Toei instead of having Hasbro act as their middleman?

Also, attendees to the Fuuto PI panel got to see the first two episodes of the anime in advance of it's broadcast. By the sounds of it, you have to wait until episode two for them to transform into Double. The first episode will be on the Japanese streaming services U-NEXT from August 1st, and will then be broadcast on Japanese TV one week later. Crunchyroll have confirmed they will be streaming the show internationally but I don't think they have confirmed which countries they will be making it available in, or whether they will be simulcasting in line with U-NEXT or the TV broadcast.

Last edited:
A shame Fiveman isn't SDBD, but oh well. I preordered both as soon as I got home last night.

That's not completely true about the copyright though. All of the commercials Shout! used had the Toei copyright on them. It was on the back of the box where Saban was listed. Not that it matters because all that does is that we are getting more releases. Fiveman needs to sell well for us to get another series.

I am quite surprised they didn't announce W for streaming considering the anime is coming out. I wonder if Shout! is first going to release the series they've already licensed on BD first before doing new ones, which will also be on physical media.

Well, they had Ichigo, Kuuga, Ryuki & that Zi-O movie. I would have to think that Ryuki was more popular, unless Kuuga got more views, just due to it being hard to track down complete subs that have the Grongi translated.

Best assumption, they want to go in some kind of order. Either, they will be releasing Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, etc, or they'll go back & forth between a release order from Kuuga onward & whatever is the most recent complete series- Kuuga, Saber, Agito, Revice, etc.