Kamen Rider Wizard EP 37 "The Fugitive's Despair"

Hidden Masta said:
How did he prove that? By doing what ever he could to prevent the Gate from despairing? By becoming a fugitive to help him? If Rinko had her way she would of arrested him in two seconds and he would of just became a Phantom.

Clearly, anything at all would have turned this useless Gate into a Phantom. My problem is Shunpei didn't want to help this Gate because he had to, he did it out of completely selfish "I wanna be useful!" reasons. So he threw Rinko's job into jeopardy on numerous occasions (even before he knew this guy was a Gate), and endangered the Gate's life.
 
You can't use "wanting the be useful" and "selfish" in the same sentence. That's contradictory! He just wanted to help his friends and yes it had bumbling consequences at first he became the one thing keeping the Gate from turning into a Phantom. Him getting in Rinko's way in the first half is no different then getting attack by birds because you set up a bird seed trap to catch a Phantom.
 
So, you're saying he needs to make a machine where he becomes Anti-Shunpei?

Kxe4inC.jpg

Honestly, yes! lol Prferably a Kun-Fu master. :P

Urkel was the most popular character in Family Matters. He wasn't even a main character in the first season yet people loved him so much.

It's pretty clear the same formula doesn't work for everybody. Plus, Urkel matched his clumsiness with humor and brains. Shunpei is all around incompetent. As far as the fandom goes, I wouldn't use the word "popular" when describing Shunpei.
 
My problem with wizard is the crappy writing, awful character development, horrid villains, the little story there is going nowhere at all not even now near the end has the story done anything. And really this episode was not just fine. I mean do you really think making a one shot joke about gates and despair is fitting for what this series has done so far?
We must have differing standards, I guess, everything about this show, by the standards of other Toku-shows, is just fine to me, personally.

… also, what "one shot joke"? Am I missing something here?
 
The end of this episode.
[HIDE]It's completely ignored in the next.[/HIDE]

I am guessing the implication is that with the phantom dead, either Haruto or Beast can just engage him and he would be just fine. But yeah, absolutely horrible joke, and this is coming from someone who actually still really likes the show.
 
We must have differing standards, I guess, everything about this show, by the standards of other Toku-shows, is just fine to me, personally.

… also, what "one shot joke"? Am I missing something here?

Really? I am sorry you have such low standards when it comes to other toku.. I mean what standards are you talking about?
 
I just, don't see what's wrong with the show. I have shitty tastes, yes, but… even so, the show has been developing just fine to me.

Then again, you are talking to someone who has tastes shitty enough to cite Fourze and Go-Busters as some of his favorite SFX-shows, so, eh…
 
I just, don't see what's wrong with the show. I have shitty tastes, yes, but… even so, the show has been developing just fine to me.

Then again, you are talking to someone who has tastes shitty enough to cite Fourze and Go-Busters as some of his favorite SFX-shows, so, eh…

Then the question I have for you is this, how are any of the Wizard characters different now then they were in ep1 outside power ups. How many characters have had any growth? I mean they had Beasts grandmother show up, but he is exactly the same as he was with the first episode he was in. Wizard has great toku fx and stuff, but story wise it's just flat as a pancake. Fourze was 10x the series wizard has turned into.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top